Impressive presentation by Ophiura in DFW!!!

puffer32

Members of the DFW marine society were extremely impressed with Susan's knowledge on brittlestars. Even my hubby (critical know it all LFS) loved her presentation. Thank you again Susan for a very informative evening

I took afew pics, the room was really dark, but i did my best.

Not the best shot of a very lovely lady

m0nk

I'd actually be really interested in watching/hearing the presentation. Does anyone (with permission from ophuria) have a video link? If you see this thread, ophuria, do you possibly have something recorded that you'd be willing to share?
I just love learning about this stuff, my Netflix queue is 240+ items long and it's almost half marine documentaries or something along those lines.

puffer32

Originally Posted by Bronco300
hahahaha, her secret identity unvailed!!!
good job

agree with the below, any videos?
But she has the power to delete them if she wants to. She did give me permission to take and post them though.

ophiura

Yes I did give permission, and my thanks
I do generally hate all pictures of myself though, so I do cringe. eek!
There was no video feed, sorry folks :)
It was great meeting puffer and 1journeyman and lots of members of the DFWMAS!!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by puffer32
Will someone please ask Susan where she had dinner after the meeting????

LOL
And for the record, while I attended and really enjoyed the presentation, I did not go to dinner...
Now you all can join me in nagging her to write up her presentation and get it published.

puffer32

1journeyman, I would have liked meeting you also. Whats your user name on the DFW boards if you don't mind my asking?
Susan, you really should write up your presentation and have it published, it was very informative

ophiura

Not really, though I have been PRESSURED for a long time. I do have a rather long thread or two in the archives though...

wattsupdoc

You go girl! I think we all need to put a little more pressure on Ophiura....
I'll start!
You Go girl!!

Really though, you should it's a shame to have such knowledge and not share it with the world. I recently met an older gentleman. Quite an interesting fella. He has been in National Geographic a few times, as well as a couple documentarys on Discovery. I wont get into what all he did his whole life. But theres a popular movie out these days along the same lines as what he's done. Only he's been very successful at it. Anyways, (I digress)...He has some incredible adventures to share with the world, yet has never really told his story to any one person. (Yet)Oh, theres those who know a few, but might point is..... Share it with the world Ophura, while you can, and dont be so sellfish...

I know I have a profound respect for these creatures. I wish I could have been there.

ophiura

Originally Posted by Bronco300
threads compare nothing to published journals/books

Yes, but I do actually have a job and a family :)
Honestly, folks, I understand...but please limit the arm twisting. I spend a lot of time sharing my knowledge in various ways (my website, these boards, when I worked in the LFS/aquarium trade, and now with speaking). So I don't think it is fair to imply I am not "sharing" my knowledge and it can be taken that way.

mie

I think it is great that we have the opportunity to learn from such knowledgable people.
If you ever want to know anything about a big rig I am your guy.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ophiura
... So I don't think it is fair to imply I am not "sharing" my knowledge and it can be taken that way.

Not at all my friend, not at all.
Puffer, I'd go by same username, but never have become involved on the DFW boards.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by mie
If you ever want to know anything about a big rig I am your guy.

lol do you have a nano in your rig?

m0nk

Honestly, folks, I understand...but please limit the arm twisting. I spend a lot of time sharing my knowledge in various ways (my website, these boards, when I worked in the LFS/aquarium trade, and now with speaking). So I don't think it is fair to imply I am not "sharing" my knowledge and it can be taken that way.

I can certainly understand that; family should always come first. And we all definitely appreciate the time you spend sharing your knowledge.

wattsupdoc

I'm sorry Ophiura, I Surely meant no disrespect.
We have all been very fortunate to have you on this board. You yourself have brought me a deep respect for my brittle starfish. You are VERY helpful to all here and do graciously share your knowledge. I simply was trying to relay to you my experience with these kinds of things. It would be a great book though.
I would definitely buy one. With threads posts and so forth, they are extremely helpful. But a good reference book would compile ALL your knowledge in one place. I'll stop now, as I know you have your priorities in the right place and commend you highly for that. You are a gift to this site as well as anybody who may know you.