Incorperating Lace Rock

trouble93

Im weeks away from incorperating 2 tanks.......... 1 is up and running I have a few coral and a few fish.....plus a whole cleaning crew. The 2nd tank I have nothing but live rock that has already been cycled, I even ghost feed it every 3 days or so. My question is: I'm using some lace rock to build my foundation, do I make up a salt water bucket and leave the lace rock in that water until time to use it? I have no room to put it in with the rest of the live rock. All suggestions would be appreciated.

groupergenius

Are you sure it's "lace" rock? For what you are talking about, we usually call that "base" rock. Base rock is basically old dead dried out and cleaned live rock. And it becomes live rock in time with the addition of allready live rock in the tank.

trouble93

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2690563
Are you sure it's "lace" rock? For what you are talking about, we usually call that "base" rock. Base rock is basically old dead dried out and cleaned live rock. And it becomes live rock in time with the addition of allready live rock in the tank.
Yes that it... I have some in one of my tanks now.

pimpnfish

I have always used LACE ROCK in my fresh tanks.
And always wondered if it was cool for salt set ups.
I have used them in salt but not in a coral set up.
It was always cheaper do to weight and looks way cool.
But maybe we ought not tell people about it cause they'll buy it all up.
:r

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by trouble93
http:///forum/post/2690554
Im weeks away from incorperating 2 tanks.......... 1 is up and running I have a few coral and a few fish.....plus a whole cleaning crew. The 2nd tank I have nothing but live rock that has already been cycled, I even ghost feed it every 3 days or so. My question is: I'm using some lace rock to build my foundation, do I make up a salt water bucket and leave the lace rock in that water until time to use it? I have no room to put it in with the rest of the live rock. All suggestions would be appreciated.
All you need to do with lace and or tufa rock is rinse it thoroughly ,IF it hasnt been used in a aquarium already.I have both in my tank along with lots of LR.