Info For A New Setup

john-nyc

Hi All,
About 10 years ago I had a 55 gallon tank for approx. 2 years before I had to move and sell everything. I would like to setup a new 75 gallon tank and I'm not really sure of what brand of wet/dry filter to purchase. Money is not that much of a problem and would like to get the correct type. Can someone point me in the right direct for a make and model for a 75 gal. tank. I had a sump on my last tank that the LFS sold me but I felt I got overcharged. It did have a Protein Skimmer and much to my delight I did not have many problems with fish dying or getting sick etc..
I was a newbie back then and still am today. I have been reading all sorts of posts on here and everyone seems very smart about the hobby. About to buy The Conscientious Marine Aquarist book. I dont want to DIY for the mechanical filter but not sure what company to go with and so many things seemed to have changed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what hardware to purchase from specific companies.
Thanks in advance.
John

subvillian

From what i understand now is there are many differnent types of filtration systems. and things have really changed in the last 10 years to the hobby form what i understand. I would do alittle research befor you buy anything.
There seems to be the best ways which is the lots of equipment way. To not so much equipement and more maintance and water changes. But there is tons of info on these forums and neat techniques. Also some good books that are uptodate as well.