Insane Prices on Fire shrimp!

fenrir

Well I went out to my lfs to get a shrimp to add to my BioCube and I was looking foward to getting a fire shrimp. I went to the tanks and they ahd to have atleast 20 of these things. The price was smuged on the glass and when I went to ask how much they wanted $70! Is this normal where guys are?

ifusayso

Originally Posted by Fenrir
Well I went out to my lfs to get a shrimp to add to my BioCube and I was looking foward to getting a fire shrimp. I went to the tanks and they ahd to have atleast 20 of these things. The price was smuged on the glass and when I went to ask how much they wanted $70! Is this normal where guys are?
Nope, not even close. I think "when" my lfs has them it was about $30.

nick76

Originally Posted by ifusayso
Nope, not even close. I think "when" my lfs has them it was about $30.
same around $30

reefboys

Well I know the LFS that I work we buy them wholesale at about $7. It fluctuates a little but its usually about that, making resale $25 to $30.

fenrir

Yeah I would love to order one from this site but apparently you have to ahve an order of atleast $85 or something. But Im going to try to go around other lfs, problem being there really isnt any other ones around me.

seasalt101

so suck it up and put a list together, food, salt, a fish and your shrimp, last i hecked it was 79.00 but you still have to pay that fuel surcharge and check the value menu get some good deals it should be worth it jmo tobn

fenrir

See thats my problem I already have all of my food salt and what not. All I need is one more fish and my shrimp. I'm a college student and don't have money to throw around like you do.

alyssia

Walmart where do you go for your lfs? I usualy go to Aquarium Adventure on Sawmill.

That place is a major rip off! Their prices are ridiculous. I live in Heath and go to a small lfs near Newark. They sell their fire shrimp for 27.00

walmart

i try not to go to AA, they have the rep of not having the healthiest livestock and sell livestock that is impossible to keep in captivity. but i see them at AA for 25 bucks.

alyssia

Whats the name of the store? (Is that aloud?) I would gladly drive out there.

It's called RJ's. It's north of I-70 on SR 79. It would be quite a haul for you though!

J

jesses89

i paid 19.99 for mine.. when it was on sale at my LFS.. now theyre 24.99.

pontius

Fenrir, I have no comment on the shrimp. I just wanted to acknowledge and pay tribute to the fact that you have the finest avatar I've ever seen on this here site.

sfoister

You think that's bad. My LFS has a Goldflake Angel for $500. They are rare, but I have seen then online and at other retailers for $200.