Installing Ro Unit

maryd

I recently got an RO unit from the auction site and now my husband claims there is no room for it under the sink (double sink). I think there is room but we'd have to move all the other crap out of there.
Does anyone have any ideas of where else to install this? We have 2 bathoom sinks but neither is very roomy under the sink and no stationary tub in the basement. However there is a little room where the water comes into the house but would I want the RO unit processing ALL the water that comes into the house?
Thanks.

moneyman

Originally Posted by MARYD
I recently got an RO unit from the auction site and now my husband claims there is no room for it under the sink (double sink). I think there is room but we'd have to move all the other crap out of there.
Does anyone have any ideas of where else to install this? We have 2 bathoom sinks but neither is very roomy under the sink and no stationary tub in the basement. However there is a little room where the water comes into the house but would I want the RO unit processing ALL the water that comes into the house?
Thanks.
You do not want your RO unit to process ALL of the water in the house. Drinking RO water that stored in home piping is not too safe. Also, your RO unit will not keep up to the demand of the usage.
You have a washing machine down the basement? If so, you do have a drain for your RO unit.

scsinet

Yep. Laundry room. There is a hose hookup for your unit, just get a good quality all brass "Y" fitting from the garden stuff at your local Home Labyrinth, and you've got your drain right there too.

maryd

I suggested putting it in the laundry room but the old man claimed he couldn't get to the pipes. Gee, he got to them to hook up the washer and he can tear or cut the panelling in there anyway. I'll suggest this to him. It would be an ideal place to keep my RO water since I keep my bins and garbage can for water changed there anyway.
Thanks.

jakebtc

I'd do the laundry room thing and convince him to get these for the less ambitous installer "like me sometimes" lol

mpls man

I suggested putting it in the laundry room but the old man claimed he couldn't get to the pipes. Gee, he got to them to hook up the washer and he can tear or cut the panelling in there anyway. I'll suggest this to him. It would be an ideal place to keep my RO water since I keep my bins and garbage can for water changed there anyway.
Thanks.
Mary, that is a very good idea to have the waste water in the laundry room , i have mine set up to have the waste water drain into the washer, the only thing is when the washer fills up to the top the water overflows on to the floor, i haven't figured out something to have it switch over to the sink when the tub is full, but otherwise i use the other water for the plants.
good luck, if you come up with more ideas let me know.

maryd

He has consented to check out putting it in the laundry room and have it drain in the same drain the washer does. If he won't do it, I'll hire a plumber! probably be best!!

mpls man

He has consented to check out putting it in the laundry room and have it drain in the same drain the washer does. If he won't do it, I'll hire a plumber! probably be best!!
do you have a drain sink next to the washer,thats where i have my drain line go into, then i set the line into the washer when i want to save the water for washing . just a thought.