Interesting Fish Question!!!

nolesfan06

well now i got ur attention. i heard form a local LFS with damsels and chromis u could add any amount with reason cuz their bio-load is not as large as other fish??? well so far i got one damsel, chromis, false perc, and a coral beauty. i was wanting to add a couple more chromis so they school and maybe 1-2 more cooler fish that can live in this enviroment. i have a 40 gal. cube reef tank. is it possible???

N

n_sarno

I dont know about the any amount within reason.. I'd say you could probably get away w/ it for a while but in the long run no. Plus damsels get really nasty

ophiura

Well in part I guess they are right but this is offset by their aggression and the fact that people still probably feed them as though they are bigger fish.
Keep in mind they are trying to sell you fish. Few stores actually tell people "nope, you can't have more."

kronnk7

I wouldn't put much faith in anything the lfs tells you. Like he said they're trying to sell fish. Damsels do get mean, I have a little 2 strip that still chase after every fish in my 55 gal. and theres only 4 fish in it. I love him though. He's funny. :hilarious