interesting inverts

debbie

What are some of the interesting/colorful inverts you have kept in small tanks with "success" besides crabs and snails??

cooqie

coral banded shrimp feather dusters o yea and emerald crabs those are interseting when i clean the tank or sumthing

ec

Originally Posted by Debbie
What are some of the interesting/colorful inverts you have kept in small tanks with "success" besides crabs and snails??

Golden banded coral shrimp, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, sally crab, serpent starfish, feather duster

debbie

Originally Posted by Ec
Golden banded coral shrimp, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, sally crab, serpent starfish, feather duster

I was told that my tank of 10 gal is to small for a brittle or serpent starfish they will just starve to death.

debbie

Originally Posted by alix2.0
lettuce nudis! ooo and my conch!

What size of tank do these live in??

petieaztec

I was told that my tank of 10 gal is to small for a brittle or serpent starfish they will just starve to death.
I just feed mine brine shrimp. let his "arms" get ahold of the food and it will eat. they can get big but you have some time. i have a brittle in a 10 gallon.

alix2.0

What size of tank do these live in??
lettuce nudis would be hard for you to keep because when they run out of hair algae to eat they starve, but you could keep a fighting conch if you wanted to.

debbie

I already have a coral banded shrimp. I don't think I can add any other kind of shrimp can I??

new2salt1

I already have a coral banded shrimp. I don't think I can add any other kind of shrimp can I??

I was told not to add other shrimp with my Coral Banded. And that was good advice because he is absolutely insane.

debbie

Originally Posted by New2Salt1
I was told not to add other shrimp with my Coral Banded. And that was good advice because he is absolutely insane.

That is what I thought too. Thanks.....

sambasam

Has anyone had troubles with crabs and coral banded shrimp together??
yes mine hunts down my hermits and my emeralds

debbie

Okay, won't waste any money on those then. Well I guess this give me very little to choose from other than a new polyp, mushroom etc...