interesting reef video

nissan577

damn. it hurts to see the people in hongkong dont care about the fish population at all
they treat them like crap and dont even care as long as they get money.

1snapple

Thats sad, Meowzer, make a massively huge tank and put massive groupers and wrasses in it and make it a fish museum.

very sad.....

as with the recent Coral issue with the artical about the sea shepards asking people to tear down their aquariums in which you may or may not have read
Instead of them badgering us they should badger them!!!

kiefers

You know, this can get me into alot of trouble so I am going to have to be very very careful here...... the Japaneese and other asians are inteligent people and it amazes me to no end that they do this to their reefs and land. I understand that fish are there main food staple but why not farm? Yes... it can be expensive to get something like that together, but won't it cost more lets say in 10-20 years when they have to import their fish because they fished there reefs and ocean dry?
They can re-train the fishermaen to grow and (heard) is that a good word to use, I don't know....... It really @#%&# me off. While serving in the Navy I went to Hong Kong and I saw men painting Navy ships while out in the harbour. The paint would spill into the water. I went into town and watched them slaughter these "baby" sharks just for their dorsal fins.
In contrast.... I went to San Fran and seen almost the same thing. One would think Governments would start to think that this can happen only for so long before the reefs are tapped dry. Just my opinion......

nissan577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///forum/thread/383314/interesting-reef-video#post_3352116
You know, this can get me into alot of trouble so I am going to have to be very very careful here...... the Japaneese and other asians are inteligent people and it amazes me to no end that they do this to their reefs and land. I understand that fish are there main food staple but why not farm? Yes... it can be expensive to get something like that together, but won't it cost more lets say in 10-20 years when they have to import their fish because they fished there reefs and ocean dry?
They can re-train the fishermaen to grow and (heard) is that a good word to use, I don't know....... It really @#%&# me off. While serving in the Navy I went to Hong Kong and I saw men painting Navy ships while out in the harbour. The paint would spill into the water. I went into town and watched them slaughter these "baby" sharks just for their dorsal fins.
In contrast.... I went to San Fran and seen almost the same thing. One would think Governments would start to think that this can happen only for so long before the reefs are tapped dry. Just my opinion......
that just shows how the world we are living in says we are protecting the reefs when we really not...

kiefers

Most would like to think so just to help sleep better at night huh? Makes me feel bad for my critters now.