Introducing my new friend........

bona42na

Last night I had the pleasure to bring home my first fish in the newly cycled 110. Great looking and with such an awesome personality Im sure this HumaHuma will be my favorite fish. He gets his first meal tonight after work, hes about 4 inches long and is already messing up my aquascaping ! Peter

bona42na

Yes it is thanks,its a 110g flat back hex with their internal simplicity plus filter. After I got it I plumbed in a 20G sump refugium and a UV sterilizer underneath it . Ive got 120lbs of sand and 135 lbs of Fiji LR . I cant wait to get home and feed the little bugger !

vavoom

Looks like a nice set up. Very good looking Huma, I see his fins are starting to darken, very cool.

moto757

nice i am looking at the 85 flat black hex how is the simplicty plus for filtration and skimming ? What else you going to add to that nice tank of yours?

bona42na

Yes it is but I dont suggest you bother with their skimmer. Is a Red Sea Berlin airlift bubble powered POS . I bought an Aqua C Urchin Pro which is a sump skimmer driven by a Mag3 and it works great . If yourre gonna do an agressive tank I would recommed going without the system and doing your own wet dry underneath. Keep in mind there isnt a lot of room thru the front door and I had to modify my back just to get a 20L in there . That said the overall quality of Tenecors stuff is great and I highly recommend most of it. As far as stocking Im gonna fill it out with a Dragon Wrasse , a Tang ( Purple or Sohol ) and most likely a Zebra Moray . I may do a Harlequin Tusk instead of the Moray. Also note I had to do some work eel proofing the top of my system as it has a bit too much openness for my taste. HTH Peter

moto757

sounds good can't wait to see it. I guess i am be better off getting the regular show one and have it drilled. thanks for the tips on the tank

bona42na

Well 28 hrs. later this guy has turned my hard work aquascaping into a 110G ant farm ! LOL nature at work is funny. Who else is experiencing this ?

perchpsk

Nice tank. A few questions.
1. What kind of lighting do you have on there?
2. How hard is it to add a sump and UV sterlizer to their simplicity plus systems? any advice on how to do it?
Thanks in advance!

bona42na

Ok a few responses, First thanks for all the compliments guys . I do love the setup and the fish is awesome but what a little troublemaker. Last night I attempted to get a cleanup crew in the tank 6 small hermits ( all my LFS had) and 4 really big snails maybe 1 1/2 inches in diameter at 8 bucks apiece. Anyway he took them all down probably within 30 minutes . I guess it really is his tank ! Im wondering what hes gonna do to the next fish I introduce and maybe will consider just 2 more triggers if hes gonna be that agressive!
perchpsk for your ? I bought from Tenecor their 55W PC setup with 2 55 whites and 2 55 03 actinics. I then added 4 led moonlights I got on a large auction site. If yourre familiar with Simplicity Plus then you know there is a double wall in the back allowing for the filtration area. I had to buckhead both walls on the waterline and run a pipe between them to draw water for the sump/refugium gravity fed. Then on the return I did a buckhead in the top and ran a 90degree fitting . remember I want slow water running thru the sump/refugium and the UV sterilizer all plumbed below. I can provide some pictures if you need them as I documented my process. just let me know and I can e mail them to you .

perchpsk

Bona. my email is perchpsk@aol.com.
I would love any pictures/details you have. i bought there 240 gallon simplicty plus tank 72" x 24" x 24". I want to add a few thinks like UV Sterilizer and skimmer for better filtration.
thanks in advance

bdhough

sorry you wasted your money, but aside from the niger trigger, who is semi docile, most will eat hermits and snails as well as shrimp and starfish. but i guess you found out the hard way....