IO Salt getting smaller

javatech

got this off a local BB from a LFS
Originally Posted by Fish World
I just received word today that IO will be going from a 200 gallon bucket to a 160 gallon bucket. Of course the price isn't going down any. :x
I'm not sure when the change is taking place just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

clarkiiboi

That happens with most everything. I seen a show a LONG time ago that showed normal everyday stuff being downsized and the same price, we just dont notice it. I was shocked (didnt even realize the downsize) and then a little ticked off.

tyr-sog

Yeah, like candy bars. I really didn't eat candy bars for the longest time. Crab them here and there now, cannot believe how small they have got. Use to get 4 fro $1 too:rolleyes:

a&m aggie 04'

yeah im a marketing major, we learn about downsizing products all the time. Candybars are a great example, they will put out bars with 20% but for a little higher price. Then they will downsize the product but keep the same price. Consumers typically never notice.
Keep an eye out for it and you'll notice how many products at the grocery store are done this way.
Mark