Is $250.00 a good deal for 2 250w mh's?

mmync

I know somebody selling 2 used 250w mh units. The ballast's are 2 standard type PFO's. And it comes with 2 250w 12,000k bulbs. I need mh's bad and just wondering if this is a good deal for used lights or am I better off shoppping around or buying new?

jester

I agree. It's not that great of a deal. I found a place where you can get a dual ballast for 140. I don't want to put the ad up, but email me and I'll let you know.
250w Dual PFO Magnetic Ballast $143.00

coralcollector....I too have used the 12k Sunbursts, and they do, unfortunately, suck. The useful spectrum is gone after six months, so they are not cost effective. If you are having good luck with them, by all means, stick with them. Everyone who says they "suck" including myself, are speaking from their past experiences with these bulbs. Also, Blueline, will not warranty their ballasts, if you run the Sunbursts on them...kind of tells you something, huh?
I personally would not recommend them to anyone....my .02

They dont suck all mh bulbs shift there color spectrum after 6 months mine are great and need no actinic supplementation
and my tank looks great I love the blue and I dont use that type of ballast on mine.