Is a damsels considered an aggresive setup?

tcoco

These little bast*rds (well not all of them) I have 5. 2 yellow tails, one bright blue, 1 zebra, and the mean mama the dreadful domino (DUM DUM DUM). I try to feed my rock Anemone and it doesn't matter when I feed he beats the Anemone up untill it has no more brine shrimp I have to shake a stick or my hand at it to leave him alone I mean these guys nip at my fingers they are mean :mad: . I want to put some more Anemones into the tank but that domino is very territorial no matter how I change the tank around its his tank and hes not moving. If I put a lion into the tank will he eat him?

grouperhead

How big is your tank. Try to catch them and take them back to the lfs. If you tried to add a lion to rid the problem, you may just make it worse. There is a chance the damsels would pick at his fins. Depending on how much lr you have will tell how hard it will be to get the damsels out. Bo

bklynz00

Adding my 2cents...lol, them dang on "Damsels" are a horror to tanks. They will be very territorial in your set up. And futher more they are very impossible to catch... good luck ! :)

tcoco

the mean one the domino is like and 1" (round :D ) he the one that i would probibly have to get rid of right away he eats none stop little prick :mad: . The others aren't as aggressive they run from that domino.

tcoco

I would like to do a mixed reef some nice color fish different corals I currently have 5 damsels had 6( bought these for the cycling and 5 of them lived through it) then got a large mex turbo, 1 blue leg hermit, and my rock Anemone. Its a std. 55 with 30# of base and 15# of LR, and about 3 1/2"DSB. I would like a lion and some other fish but don't know what else to get (if I can catch the damsels not the fisherman :rolleyes: ) . Next tank I think I'll stick with something like clowns no more damsels.

tcoco

thanks peps I didn't relize that the lions would or could make water quality poor. I guess I'll just use this tank as a full non agressive tank to perserve any corals I get then if my other half lets me I'll setup a smaller aggresive tank with my loin. Your opinons are greatly appreciated :) .
Saves me money and any problem(s) I might run into when I consult with you folks Thanks