Is Brass fittings safe for RO/DI

magyk

I bought a brass fitting for my sink in order to hook my RO/DI
filter I was wondering if brass is safe for the water to run through it????

javatech

It's ok as long as you use it Before your output water. after all your pipes are more than likely copper

wyldgunz

Quite a few water services still contain lead material but is coated over with slime from years of running so theres no danger in lead getting to a consumer. same goes for copper pipe its coated as well so theres a 99% chance youll never consume any of it.
Personally i wouldnt worry at all about what copper is going to go where because if you get any its going to be so small that you couldnt even pick it up on a test unless it was comming from your water supply. Which in most cases mercry , lead, and other heavy metals that deposite themselves in your body do come from the actual drinking water due to contamination such as living by farms and years of nitrates beeing pumped into the gound and mostly by poorly drilled wells.
The clay level varies in depts from state to state and its the clay level that filters out the bad stuff in water , kind of a natural R/O system. some water supplys hit a bad vien of water that is not beeing filtered and its blown out of porportion by people that get over anxious about germs and dying/ getting sick , by thinking its everywhere.
I would use pvp/polytube type fittings after the r/o but its nothing to worry about the Quality of the supply pipes your using unless you have galvanized water pipes because those rust out on the inside where copper never rust on the inside .