Is it time yet??????????????????

paul monroy

Hello, I have a 30 gallon tank that had ick. So I took out the fish and put them in a hospital tank, treated them with copper and the garlic method. The fish are fine now. I kept the main tank fish free for about 25 days now, but there are tiny little bugs on the glass. Everything is ideal in the main tank as far as water conditions.
1)Could these little bugs be ick?
2)Is it ok if I put the fishes in?
3)Should I wait a little more?
Thank you
P.S. I want to be sure so I won't have to wait another 20+ days.

lcc

Are you sure that they are bugs.....can you see them moving. Also do you have a UV on your tank? This would be a great benefit in killing off the ick in a tank with no fish.
If I remeber correctly Trey stated that ick dies off in 21 days. But I would check with him or some one else before putting fish back into the tank.

sbustobante

The "bugs" you see are probably copopods. They're harmless. Ick is really quite tiny, and isn't really visible if it's not on a fish.

dugan

I think that 4-6 weeks is the recommended time to put fish back into a tank that's been infected with ick. My underrstanding is that the icks (LOL) will die off in that period of time if they do not find a host.
Katie

paul monroy

Someone told me that inverts are not a host of ick. I have 2 shrimps one snail and a crab, that where left in the tank. The bugs I see are have little tails on them and they swim around all over the glass.
1)How does a UV unit work?
2)How much do they run for?
3)What size would I have to get for a 30 gal?
4)How often do I use it?
Thank you