Is my acro dieing?

nacl freak

It's bleaching [not good], also has alot of algae. What type lights? How long have your had bullbs? They may need changing. What's you light schedule? Flow? Parameters? Specifically Ca, dKh and Mag. Water changes, how often? You need to address algae on coral as this inhibits photosynthesis.

gatorwpb

Looks like STN and fragging it will help it from spreading. But you need to find out what the root of the tissue necrosis is or else it will continue.

bioneck47

Sorry, I completely forgot I opened this thread... I have 300w 14k metal halides w/120watts vho actinics in a 72 gal. All bulbs are about 6 months old and I keep the lights on for about 6-7 hours a day. It is a very well established tank and Nitrates, and everything else is at 0. Salinity is at 1.029.The only problem that I have with my reef is keeping the calcium up. Would that cause this?

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by bioneck47
http:///forum/post/2707041
Sorry, I completely forgot I opened this thread... I have 300w 14k metal halides w/120watts vho actinics in a 72 gal. All bulbs are about 6 months old and I keep the lights on for about 6-7 hours a day. It is a very well established tank and Nitrates, and everything else is at 0. Salinity is at 1.029.The only problem that I have with my reef is keeping the calcium up. Would that cause this?
One of the first thoughts is it could be alk burn caused by low alkalinity. Low calcium depending on how low could be the cause. Also, low pH could be.
As to salinity, 1.029 is a little high, the recommended salinity is 1.025-1.026. Ive had mine at 1.027 before but always bring it back down to 1.026.

bioneck47

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
http:///forum/post/2707300
One of the first thoughts is it could be alk burn caused by low alkalinity. Low calcium depending on how low could be the cause. Also, low pH could be.
As to salinity, 1.029 is a little high, the recommended salinity is 1.025-1.026. Ive had mine at 1.027 before but always bring it back down to 1.026.
Thanks

bioneck47

I have a very good flow but don't know what the phosphates are at. I'll test them tonight to see what they're at.