Is my anemone spliting???

squirrel

When I got up this morning my RBTA looked very nasty...what does it look like when it is spliting? I am at work now and don't exact numbers but I tested my water this weekend and everything was great!!! And if it is spliting what should I do about my clown b/c he still wants to play in it...lol
Don't know what to do and I am freakin out :scared:
Please help!!! :help:

mr_bill

If it is splitting just let it be, anemones split in the wild with clown fish bouncing all over them so you shouldn't worry about that. Do you have any pictures?

squirrel

no I don't but from the pics I found on other sites I think that is what is happening...thank you for posting back though...I will let you know what happend when I get home tonight. I am going to post some pics if it did split. I have only had it for about a month now so I didn't think it would split that quick!

mr_bill

Are you sure it's not just expelling waste? They get pretty ugly when doing that. Have you ever witnessed yours expelling?

squirrel

Yeah I have, that's not what he is doing. When I left my house this morning the best way to describe what I saw would be to say that there was a big hole where his mouth would be, he was still attached to the glass and had two feet. And from the pictures I have seen on-line of splitting, that is what is going on with mine. Sure hope so anyway.

D

dholmblad

Wanna send me the other half:). My BTA has split a few times but I like RBTA as aposed to what I have. :)
Well anyways congrats on split.

D

dholmblad

No sorry, both times I didnt realize it had happened. But I would move rocks and find new BTAs, mine would move around alot so I wouldnt really notice it.

squirrel

Just thought I would let everyone know that I am now a mommy to three anemones now. My RBTA split into 3 yesterday!!!
:cheer:
:cheer:

squirrel

lol...one of them doesn't look like it is going to make it.
How long should it take for them to heal up? When should I try to feed them?
Thank you all for your help...I have learned so much reading threads on SWF.com :cheer:

mr_bill

Question Squirrel, What did it look like right before the split? Do you have pictures? I've been looking for some pictures of anemones splitting and can't seem to find any.

squirrel

--Mr Bill...The RBTA in my avatar is the one that split
--newatsalt...that is the same pic I found, that is how I knew for sure it was splitting. Mine looked the same when I left the house that morning. Thank you though. I did see the ending of mine splitting. Very cool to watch, nasty looking but cool...lol