Is my bioload to large for my tank?

duke13

I posted on another messageboard and one of the guys there claimed that I had too big of a bioload for my tank size.
Here's my specs:
40 gal breeder (more surface area than a reg 55 gal)
Aqua C Remora
Additional MaxiJet powerhead
Fish:
1x Divided Wrasse aka Potter's Leopard Wrasse
2x Ocellaris Clown
2x Chromis
I have multiple inverts but they really don't add to the bioload.
Personally, I don't think my bioload is that high. I have tested my water and it is great:
Ammonia = 0
Nitrates = 10
Nitrite = 0
Ph = 8.2-8.3
Salinity = .022
Sorry, I don't have a test for Phosphates (nor does it matter since I don't have an algae problem)
I wanted to reply to this guy and lay into him but I figured I would get your opinions first before I possibly make an fool of my self :)

viet-tin

IMHO i think your fine...none of those fish get too big and arent to aggressive maybe the wrasse but id say your fine

V

vw86gti

Is my bioload to large for my tank?
Um...no. I have seen 25 and 30's with more fish.

pufferman

Not at all. In fact, you can add a few more fishes in there since your tank's got a larger surface area and a good skimmer.

aqua39

How do you like your remora? is it easy to use? does it pick up a lot of waste? I'm asking because I'm investigating upon what type of skimmer to get. By the way, you tank sounds like it has a fine bioload, but I'd suggest getting another chromis (they do better in odd numbers and look cooler, because they school).

duke13

The Aqua C Remora is (IMO) the best protein skimmer available for 75 gal and below. It does an outstanding job. Plus, you truly are getting what you pay for (be prepared to empty your wallet).

duke13

BTW, the Remora is very easy to use and set up. It's about 16 inches high, 4 inches thick, and about 7 inches wide. It take about 2 weeks to 'season in' but then it goes to town. A wonderful product, I can't say enough about it. If you can afford one, buy one immediately.

flamehawk

you fish load seems ok to me but the bigger quaestion is why are your nitrites showing 10? Os your tank cycling still? If not, there is no reason why you s/b showing Ni readings. Nitrate yes but nitite no. Re-test and let us know your readings again.

duke13

My fault, I typed in the wrong statistics. It IS nitrate, not nitrite, I just typed it in the wrong spot. Thanks for catching that, I'll make the correction.

aaron1983

Your fish are just fine in that tank! Ive had the same feedback about this sort of thing. Some people just want water in a tank with no fish I guess lol. You can add 2-3 other fish I would say. Royal gramma's are nice and cardinalfish. :)