Is my CBS happy?

jayster

My CBS has molted twice in the 20 days I have had him. Is that a good sign or a sign he is under stress? Or is he getting too much food?

donkeykong

Mine did the same thing and almost 2x in size and is perfectly happy and living well with my cleaner shrimp

sistrmary

Unless you add iodine regularly, it's perfectly normal :D Especially if you suspect it eats a lot. When they're stressed, they typically won't molt (with the exception of their first molt when they're added to a new tank. Every shrimp I've ever had molted within two days of arrival into my tank.) CBS will drop one or both of their "boxing" claws. (that's what I call them, not the technical term lol)

katara

Yep, I have to agree ..my cbs molted at least four times w/in 9 weeks and I thought something was wrong as well..but he remained perfectly happy and ate like a pig until his demise from an anemone's death toxins(awaiting a gold cbs now)Anyone have any insight on these??

jayster

thanks all for your input. My CBS molted w/in 2 days of introduction as well. I think he eats alot also. For Katara, I dont know anything about the gold ones but one of my lfs has a few and they do look cool. I dont know if they are more inclined to come out as my regular CBS only really shows his whiskers. My green Brittlestar has no hesitations to kick ass at feeding time but the cbs stays hidden. Thank you all for the replies:D