Is my coral dying or dead? (pic)

lil.guppy

Ok I dont really know what a coral looks like when its dying or dead. I was told by the supplier to give them a few days but what do you think?
(the heat packs got wet on a overnight shipping from the same state, but their water was cold when i got them)

janastasio

Are they all the ones sitting on the sand bed? 5 of them?? What kinds of coral were they supposed to be? They certainly do not look very promising, but depending on the coral, some can go thru something like that and still pull through. I have been shipped corals that have arrived DOA and you could tell from the water that something had gone wrong, murky and smelly! I would contact your seller and let them know that things are still not opening just to cover yourself and to ensure replacement if they do not open. Can you see anything living on the surface? I cannot tell from the photos.

lil.guppy

The long one in the center is about 5 red and green brains. They were pink with the green centers when I got them, now they are white.
The one on the bottom is a tiny little pulsing xenia on a green looking frag holder. Its close to the glass in the middle of that green thing and its white but the ends are dark brown. Everything else I am not sure what is what but they have been turning more pale every day.

jimvette1

Not sure about the brains,
but give the pulsating Xenias a chance.

I've seen mine shrink down to about nothing and come back. They are hard to kill.
They love light so you might want to move them up a bit.

Also,from what I understand white is not good.

monalisa

IDK, from the pictures, it looks like there is at least a little tissue left on each of the corals. I would move them up closer to the light and see what happens in a few days. That's what I'd do.
Lisa

shrimpi

email that pic to the supplier and verify what their DOA policy is. Those corals are DOA in my opinion. They will look nothing like what you paid for even if the small amount of tissue left does live.
The supplier is going to say "well they were alive when you got them, so we dont cover it because it died in your tank 3 days later" dont fall for it.
The supplier did not package them well enough, and probably didnt put a heat pack in the right spot in the box.
Get replacement corals, you are entitled to them.
Good Luck
Jess