Is my frogspawn dead?

j_schmidt1

This is the first frogspawn coral I've had, and I just love it! However, here's what happened....I went away for the weekend, and while I was gone, the person that we had asked to check on everything for us called to tell us they thought our tank was leaking. We have a 65g FOWLR that we added just a couple pieces of coral to. Well, we were out of state and didn't know what else to do other than tell them to unplug everything rather than have water everywhere while we were gone. Long story short, our coral went without light for almost two whole days. My frogspawn is sucked in all the way--nothing showing but the little rock-like stem. Will it come back out, or is it dead? We've had the lights back on and everything up and running now for about four hours (BTW, no leak, just a pump that went haywire), but not really any sign of life from it.
Please say it's not dead!

madman33

Give it alittle while i think it will come back but then again im not an expert. Remeber that when they ship them they dont have light for a good while so i would wait awhile before calling it dead. Just My Opinion.

turningtim

Give a couple days or maybe a week. It doesn't take long to upset them but it takes a while for them to come back. They are pretty sturdy critters though, give it some time.
After not having a pump what is your water like? One thing I've learned about mine is keeping the water as consistant as possible.
HTH
Tim