Is my tank too small?

clownme

My husband has been reading up on different fish and now feels we may have started with too small a tank for our first.
Our current system is a 36 gallon bowfront corner unit
100 lbs LS
47 lbs LR
Our hopes for the future...
1 clown
1 purple tang
1 roya gramma
cleaner crew (as approp)
1-3 coral
Pipe Dream??? I need your opinions

nicetry

Nix the tang and get a couple small fish instead. Firefish, small flasher wrasse, etc.. Tanks much too small for any tang.

speg

100 lbs of live sand in your 36 gallon tank???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????Do you have a 12 inch sand bed?

monalisa

As others have said, nix the tang and consider a dwarf angel of some kind. I have a 37gal tall, and I'm just 3 1/2 months in, right now I have about 37# of rock (combination live and base), and 40# of sand, 2 false perc clowns, and a very beautiful little coral beauty angel. Flame angels are also very pretty...just do some research and figure out what will do well in your system.
Best of luck to you, and have fun!!
Lisa :happyfish