Is regular marine epoxy safe?

shyfish

I can't find aquarium epoxy in any Pet stores by me. I don't want nor can I afford at the moment to order $100.00 worth of stuff on the internet to put it with another order.
Just for epoxy I would pay more for shipping than the money for the putty.
Marine putty that I found in the hardware store looks like the same thing and I would like to use it because it works underwater so I can attach my corals so they won't fall.
Is it safen to use???

cranberry

Oh snap... what is all that extra stuff!! I guess I did a screen capture because I couldn't find the originals or something.... I'll crop it tomorrow but I'm at work right now. I hope it is okay to leave it there... it doesn't say what site it is from I don't believe....
Sorry for the side scroll... I'll fix it as soon as I can. :-(

cranberry

Contacted Manufacturer and the gave the following instructions....
SAFE! (after cure. Do NOT
add to aquarium with inhabitants until 24 hours after
the putty was mixed.)
MSDS

cranberry

the putty was mixed.)

cranberry

the putty was mixed.)
USES per Manufacturer
Coral Propagation!!!!!!!
And in the same light, both Waterweld and Aquamend are the same thing... the same base company. I don't think I noticed that before. They both are made by Polymetric Systems. The MSDS for Aquamend lists the trade name as being Waterweld.... so they are one and the same. And remember the Waterweld said you did NOT have to wait 24 hours... and if Aquamend and Waterweld are the same thing..... and aquamend lists a use as coral prop, it must be safe to use underwater like "official" aquarium safe putty.