is there a fish known to eat xenia?

cameltowing

I have 2 different types of xenia growing rapidly in different parts of a 400 gallon reef tank.. this morning xenia all good. after work its gone all of it like a 4-6 in 4 branch of it and another little field of pom pom is there a known fish or invert that would eat it???

bang guy

Tangs have been known to nibble on it but would not destroy a whole colony.

Low ALK is deadly to Xenia. Low temp is deadly to Red Sea Xenia.

Can you post your water parameters as a start?

cameltowing

I had a lot of fish die in a ickn outbreak a few months ago hospitalized and hypoed the rest only have a yellow tang, hawk, few firefish, and few gobys left.. some shrimp too oh and a random ugly black fish like a huge 3 inch damsel? idk what he is

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltowing http:///t/396929/is-there-a-fish-known-to-eat-xenia#post_3536620
I had a lot of fish die in a ickn outbreak a few months ago hospitalized and hypoed the rest only have a yellow tang, hawk, few firefish, and few gobys left.. some shrimp too oh and a random ugly black fish like a huge 3 inch damsel? idk what he is

...A chocolate chip starfish, will make short work of your corals...remove it before you add any other corals, since they are not reef safe for a reason.