Is there a way to stop flame angel from eating zoanthids?

paxrom

I have a flame angel and he is taking a good snack from my zoanthids.
Is there a way to stop him?

N

nereef

keeping him well-fed otherwise might help, but most likely the fish won't stop.

Are you sure he is really picking at the zoa's or just picking at the algae around them and on the rocks, I have kept flame angel and coral beauty angel in reef before and have not seen them hurt any corals, but they do pick at the algae on the rocks. Just my 2 cents

stanlalee

they will pick at the base and outside of the polyps trying to eat the coral slime. they usually arent eating the coral but agitate them enough to keep them closed alot. Its not going to stop. I learned my lesson with dwarf angels in a reef (tried twice).

cedarreef

flick it on the nose like a dog...jk but +1 on NEreef's suggestion. Try to offer him the angel preparations and make sure it's always well fed.

paxrom

he definitely nipping on my zoathids. I saw him nip at them 3-4 times at once, every 30mins or so. 3/4 of the zoa are closed or almost dead. I'm thinking about euthanize him

aquaguy24

try tapping on the glass everytime he tried ti nip at the zoa..i have a bicolor which is suppose to the the worse for reef tank out of all the dwarf angels and mine has never touch any of my corals..but i have seen him eatin algea off the rock where the zoas are but never touch them..

salt210

I don't have coral but I had a hippo that was picking on a puffer and I started tapping on the glass to get it to stop and after awhile it just started making things worse