Is there any one from maine on this forum?

reefreak29

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
just curious if there is anyone from my state other than me that comes onto this forum.
i have family in fort fairfield but thats just about it , beautiful state though

reefkprz

Originally Posted by ajwiggz
I'm living in Mars Hill

Welcome to the boards. its good to see someone else from maine here. where is mars hill?

ajwiggz

Its about 20mins south of Presque Isle. Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping that i'll have a tank soon but there isn't much up here for LFS to find one that i like.

reefkprz

yeah your way up there. ordering online is a decent way to get your set up if you shop around you can find good prices. as for live stock driving long distances may be worth it its only three or so hours to bangor.... or bucksport vance in bucksport usually has nice stuff so does pet palace in bangor (thats who I sell lots of my corals to) If your gonna head down this way drop a line on the board I could introduce you to some of the people with the best connections for corals in the local area.

ajwiggz

Yeah i was thinking about doing most of my ordering offline but its hard to find a tank online. I went to bangor Tuesday i think it was and looked at the tanks in ***** and PQ. Is pet palace the LFS in Brewer? Anyways I probably won't get down to Bangor again untill later this month to see if my school can win its 3rd gold ball in a row!
Anyways its nice to know someone from Maine that i can get some advice and connections from! Thanks!

reefkprz

pet palace is in the airport mall on union st. The owners and managers and most of the longer term staff are all friends of mine. they are a small store but they by far have the best marine selection in town.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Hammer Rider
Hi I'm in Ellsworth area Trenton been to vances
My buddy Matt sells vance his LR and lots of corals I dont get out by vances very often, been a while since I've been there. but he does know his stuff, alot of his stock is overpriced though.

reefkprz

If your near elsworth you've been to crystal clear, what a salt selection there huh?
three little tanks of sick looking fish. its a good thing they know small animals better, I sell Glen (the owner of crystal clear) Degus and chinchilla.

ajwiggz

Ahhh i was told that the pet store in the airport mall closed maybe they thought i meant the pet store in the normal mall. Do they sell tanks there? I haven't really found what i'm looking for and if they could get it i would rather spend my money in a nice LFS type place then in ***** or PQ.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by ajwiggz
Ahhh i was told that the pet store in the airport mall closed maybe they thought i meant the pet store in the normal mall. Do they sell tanks there? I haven't really found what i'm looking for and if they could get it i would rather spend my money in a nice LFS type place then in ***** or PQ.
They close earlier than usual now because the owners are struggling with money, but they are still open for bussiness. the pet store in the bangor mall closed and I'm glad it was a torture factory for small animals and birds I hated that place.

ajwiggz

Well thats to bad to hear I thought they always had a pretty nice selection of fish and other animals there when i went. I would think that things would start picking up for them now that the one in the mall closed that. How many pet stores do they have in bangor?

reefkprz

always good to have another Maineiac on the board, for a while I thought I was all alone up here, in the cold, though it has been a nice warm 34 degrees today. good to meet you shadiest1

schadiest1

same here. I've been on the board for a couple years now, and for the longest time I couldn't fine ANYONE from Maine.