Is there such a glue??

whyamisofl

I have a bunch of frags that I would like to attach to some rock in my DT. I have tried Loctite gel and Krazy gel and neither of them setup/stick under water.....
The rock in my tank is too large (30# ea) to take out, dry, glue, and put back in.....
Is there anything I can use on my rubble that will stick to the rock in my tank underwater?? If not....how the hell do you guys set everything up so nicely in your DT's??

jaymz

I just use generic super glue gel that I buy at the dollar store. 4 tubes for a dollar.
I just squirt some glue on the frag then some on the rock in the tank. touch the 2 patches of glue together, wiggle the frag and the glue will set up.
Cyanoacrylate gel.

mscarpena

There is also some underwater epoxy, but glue is easier to work with. You have to almost surround the rock with the epoxy to get it to stick. Works pretty good, but it's not cheap.

flricordia

I found the best way with the Loctite and others, but I prefer Loctite, is to put a dab onto the frag, dip it into the water, place another dab on top of the first, then place where you want it under the water and move it back and forth it till it starts to stick. It only takes a few seconds.
I don't have much luck either unless I put some on, wet it and place some more on top. Luck.

phtby

i use loctite gel for all of my frags.... i just like ever one else said put a little on the frag and a bit on the dt rock and it seems to work great.... i found when putting it on the rock in the dt if you put it in a thin circle instead of a blob it works better..... just my 2 cents..... and i dont care what kinda glue it is if you have mexican red legs chances are it will fall at some point.... damn thing pick at everthing..... lol

saltysteele

i've seen where they've been placed on a rock by using some type of fine mesh material, placing over the frag (of course, depending on what kind of frag, i'm sure this won't work for everything), and then tying the mesh to the rock using a string or a rubber band if you're able.
after they get a foothold, take the mesh and fastener off. i don't even have a sw tank yet, so haven't actually done hands on stuff with it.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by whyamisofl
http:///forum/post/2612500
If not....how the hell do you guys set everything up so nicely in your DT's??
patience and lots of picking them back up after they fall out of the perfect spot.

there are a couple glues you can use, epoxies are the easiest to use under water.

twolf323

I have been useing that BSI glue, the one that has a purple and white tube. It does a good job and you can get it for about $7 a tube on ***. It is a good size tube.

nano reefer

Loctite GEL! its a baller.
and you could just glue it out of the water onto a piece of rubble and then epoxy it...

flricordia

Originally Posted by twolf323
http:///forum/post/2642635
I have been useing that BSI glue, the one that has a purple and white tube. It does a good job and you can get it for about $7 a tube on ***. It is a good size tube.
Most hobby shops have it also and you save on shipping.

groupergenius

I buy a product from my LFS called IC Gel. Basically the same as loctite and Krazy....but in a bigger tube. I hate running out mid-way.
I sacrifice my finger a bit and put some on my finger, rub it in good on the rock. That forms a clean base. Then dry and apply glue to the bottom of the frag. Smash and twist the frag to the pre-glued spot and hold a few seconds.
Twisting and grinding helps break the "skin" that develops when putting the glue underwater.
Larger SPS I use the 2 part putty.

forddna

I just bought some "Loctite Super Glue - Control Gel"
Is this the same "Loctite gel" you guys mentioned??

bronco300

i'm not sure how you'd use it because its in a caulking type tube..but look up aquarium munster orca underwater glue...its amazingly cheap for getting 400g...i think retails around 30...most other glues are only 20g or less for $10...so its quite the savings, now only if you could figure out how to use in tank....seems more of a tank sealer, but it doesnt harm other things, so why not..