is this a good deal ? need help ASAP!!!

swimrnum1

is this a good deal?
someone offered me a used Penguin Biowheel for 30.00 he said if it doesnt work that he will give me my money back. my tank is a 20 gallon and im gonna go FOWLR. please help ASAP

wwfstyle

How much is a brand new one? My rule of buying things used is that I offer 1/4 of new value or lower. Say it's a $75 new.. You should be able to get it for $20 as long as it looks like it is decent shape. If not then lower the price. Sounds like he is not sure if it even works so offer him $15 if you can. Gotta think of it in 2 ways... 1 he's not going to be useing so he needs the money and space..... 2 You need some type of filter so go with what is out there to help you get a better one in the future, or at least last you a short time.

nm reef

My motto...if its used...buyer beware. If only because you have no idea what kind of use its seen....medications used...algae problems associated with its use....personally I'd tuck my $20 in my pocket and look for a new one.:thinking:

snipe

If you know the person and you know what he used it for go for it. But if you dont I would do what he said find a new one. Since your going with a fish only tank you probly wont need a biowheel filter anyway.

swimrnum1

the actual price of a brand new one is about 40 dollars
he said he would sell one for 15 plus shipping which is about 7 dollars