Is this a good deal or too good to be true...re MH/PC lights..

my5girls

I found this at the aqua universe. Is this a good deal or a too good to be true deal? Anyone know anything about them? I would add the legs and the moonlights. If I run this with the legs and under a canopy so you think the external ballasts and fans will really cut out the need for a chiller? If needed I could get a chiller with these lights for cheaper than just these lights at other places. Almost seems liek there is a catch. But it is warranteed...
72'' 3 X 250 HQI Metal Halide Power Compact
Price:
$789.99

[hr]
This item is Brand New in box with BULBS included.
Made in USA not China like competition- 5 year warranty!
Unit is 3 X 250 watt HQI metal halide with 10k bulbs, 14k bulbs or 20k bulbs - your choice - please specify in your payment
Unit also has 4 X 96 watt power compacts ( 10k, actinic, 50.50, 6500k bulbs available - please specify what type of bulbs you would like in your payment)
Unit has a 5 year warrenty on ballast and a 1 year manufactures warrenty on the fixture itself.
This hood is 72 inches long 11.5 inches wide and 4 inches tall.
It comes with 2 4 inch ice cool fans.
Unit has an external box for the ballast as shown in the picture to keep down on heat. With the 2 4 inch fans, external ballast and the hanging bracket or feet option you will more than likely not need a chiller for your tank.
If you would like legs for this fixture to lift it 6 inches off your tank we can add those on the fixture as well for an additional $30 Legs are shown in the 2nd picture.
If you would prefer to have hanging brackets installed we can do that as well for an additional $30 dollars.
For $39.99 we can add moonlights into your system that will include an extra chord and extra switch that can be added to timer.

hot883

I was looking at the same ones. My theory is look at the warranty and also made in the US. If your tank is not a deep one say less than 30 inches then these should do just fine from what I have been told. Some people may say that 400w is better.

adamc1303

Now that were on the lights subject I need dome lights to turn my Live Rock tank into a reef tank. What lights to I buy? It's a 90 gallon tank. I do not want to use metal halides though, what are the differences in power compacts.