Is this a good deal?

briandg

I've been looking for a 125 gal rr tank, and ran across this. It seems like a great deal, but would like some opinions:
All glass aquarium with oak stand and canopy is still functioning with 300+ lbs. of live rock a few corals and fish left. It has 4vho lights and 2 175 watt halides. It comes with a protein skimmer, uv sterilizer and a calcium reactor. Asking $1000 or best offer. You have to come get it yourself, however, I do have a dolly built for moving the tank because it is 330 lbs empty.
It is pre-drilled. It does come with a sump (40 gallon breeder tank), all the pumps necessary to run it, protein skimmer, uv light and a CO2 reactor (this is homemade but functions well).
It's being sold for 1,000.00
Anyone see any reason not to get this, any feedback greatly appreciated (I need talked out of it ha ha).

cannonman

It sounds like a good deal to me considering what that stuff would all cost new- the 300lbs of live rock alone! Plus the tank, stand, even some corals, and the lights and the pumps.. yeah, run, don't walk.

briandg

Originally Posted by Cannonman
It sounds like a good deal to me considering what that stuff would all cost new- the 300lbs of live rock alone! Plus the tank, stand, even some corals, and the lights and the pumps.. yeah, run, don't walk.

LOL, that's what I was afraid of :). Guess I got a new tank. Already called and said I'd take it.

renogaw

grats on a GREAT buy. if you aren't sure how to move the live stuff and keep it alive do a little bit of homework so you have as little die off as possible.

briandg

Originally Posted by renogaw
grats on a GREAT buy. if you aren't sure how to move the live stuff and keep it alive do a little bit of homework so you have as little die off as possible.
Yeah I've already started, the tank is about 2 hours from me, it will be a chore for sure. But I can't resist.

renogaw

lots of totes and a truck :) post some pics and give others your experiences so they know the "joys" of moving a tank :)

briandg

Originally Posted by renogaw
lots of totes and a truck :) post some pics and give others your experiences so they know the "joys" of moving a tank :)

Will do, I'm dreading that part

sulley

hey if you have the money and love it grab it. my only advice to you is if there is any livestock try if possble to set up an emergancy tank for them. when moving a tank no matter how well planned something usually goes wrong. good luck and enjoy your new tank