Is This Anem Healthy?

solvingtech

We just started our first SW tank. We introduced our first Clown and Anemone. I am concerned the Anemone is not doing well. It looked much healthier when we introduced it to the tank 3 days ago. It has eaten. Is the clown causing stress?

mr. limpid

No, it is bleached out. I looks like a Condy or a Haitian the tentacles need to be dark this is algae that grows inside, use it for food. You say you have had it for only 3 days. What type of lighting do you have? The clown does both, it will feed it and some times steal its food, while the anemone provides protection to the clown.

solvingtech

The tank is a 20 gal that we set up to be a qt tank. We purchased two established tanks that will be set up this weekend. The lighting on the tank is LED. It is a kit from *****.
We have used a syringe and the Anem ate. It looked much better when we purchased it from *****. (Only fish store in our town -- will be buying online from here forward)
The clown and anem ignored each other at ***** and up until last night. Last night the clown moved in.

mr. limpid

That is the problem I know the *****'s buy me do not have the correct lighting. I'll bet you dollars to donuts those are 1watt led's, which is good for light but not enough to keep the anemone alive for long. If you want to keep the anemone you need to get a new fixture. What size tank do you have?

solvingtech

It is in a 20 gal qt tank. We are buying two established 125gal tanks that will be set up this week.
I will check the lights. Thank you for the help