Is this fin Rot?

killyah

my lion had this for a while now but it seems to be getting worst, is this fin rot?
grrr i cant seem to get the pic up..... i will try again later

fmarini

Besides the spilt in the fins do you notice a cloudy color to the fins? its looks to me that the fish has a bit of a bacteria problem going on and the fin split is a byproduct of this. Whats your water paramters liek?
I agree w/ terry a few water changes to dial your chemsitry back into line?
Is the lion eating? if so, what and how often?
frank

killyah

i had the lion for 9 months now. even b4 i got him from my friend he had something on his fin (just the tail part). it used to look like a big white bubble and cottony looking, then in the last 2-3 months it started getting red where the bubbles were . now the bubbles pop and the fin riped apart. :( i feed him every other day, he gets shrimp on mon, silver side on wed , scallops on fri , muscels on sunday. krill and brine sometimes. i always check the water paramters. ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 15-20 , PH 8.4 , temp 80F, 20% water change every other week. and yes the lion is eating good.. i also think there is some bacteria infection going on. is water changes all i need to do?? thx in advance

killyah

Terry B it's not that i didnt like ur advice , i was just making sure if water changes was all i needed to do. in ur last post it made it more clear to me how to treat it. like using Nitrofurazone, Maracyn-Two if it gets worst. and i was not looking for an answer that i liked, i just needed more info like ur last post. and Terry do you still think this is split fin or could it be something else? like i said it used to look like a big white bubble and cottony looking, then in the last 2-3 months it started getting red where the bubbles were . now the bubbles pop and the fin riped apart. im ganna treat it like you guys said. i would like to know what this thing is called tho ,if you guys know.. thx again