Is this good price

moonshine

I fald a nother lfs and I went to check them out today and the have Pohnpei it is all qured rock i can get it for $4.99 a pald is this a good price the sad the live rock the have now is fiji im not shoer.:help:

jlem

Originally posted by moonshine
I fald a nother lfs and I went to check them out today and the have Pohnpei it is all qured rock i can get it for $4.99 a pald is this a good price the sad the live rock the have now is fiji im not shoer.:help:

Punctuation and spelling would help people read your post. Lots of people really like the Live rock from this site, and at $4.00 LB it is a really good price

moonshine

You will have to excuse my husbands typing. He has a learning disability and has a hard time with his spelling. He is trying really hard to be comprehendable, please just try to bear with him. :nervous:
What he was trying to say is that at a LFS he found some cured live rock, not sure how it's pronounced, pompeia (long A at the end) of flampeia, or something to that effect. (Sorry, I am not the one who deals with the tank). It is supposed to be fully cured, and the LFS is charging $4.99 a pound if you get 50 pounds or more. My husband wants to get 50 - 55 pounds for his 55 gal tank. He is wanting to know if the price is good, and if that type of rock is good since we dont have anything in our aquarium book about that type of rock.

denny hunter

4.99 is a fair price for "cured" rock moonshiner ! I would still hold it in a seprate container for a week or two, this will keep it from upsetting the main tank ! You will still have "die off" from any type of rock, if it is any good at all !