Is This Little Fishy Okay :[ ? *~[{ PICTURE INSIDE!}]~*

burrito

i thnik he leik the tank but idk if he okay idk if my tank is a salt water tank o.o get info below and tell me if he okay :3
Info!:
Tank Age: 1 Year
Fishes Inside: 5-8
Random Comment: It has a little not live rock o_O but fake rock :3 lul that mah comment NAO LOOK AT SOME PICTUIRE! lul

scott t

What do you mean you dont know if your tank is a Saltwater tank?? Its is either a Saltwater tank or a freshwater tank.. That little fishy is a Saltwater fish not a Freshwater fish.. They have special food needs that must be met to survive.. They need first of all a Saltwater Tank, Second they need lots of live rock because that is where their food is located which would be Pods.. Also they need lots of pods because they eat a lot. You should have a Sump with a Refuge for the pods to breed in and repopulate the tank.. I think you should take that little fishy back to the LFS and get your money back and do research on the care and needs of a Mandarin. That would be the best thing for that Little Fishy or it is going to surly die!!!

scott t

It all depends on what you want to get and do.. That is something you have to look and shop around for, your best bet for the time being would be to take that poor little fishy back to the fish store and get your money back. That is the best thing for it and for you to do for it.. Then you can ask questions on how to go about getting your live rock and sump. That poor little fishy is going to die or sure if you do not take it back to the store.!!!

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott T http:///forum/thread/381438/is-this-little-fishy-okay-picture-inside#post_3322300
It all depends on what you want to get and do.. That is something you have to look and shop around for, your best bet for the time being would be to take that poor little fishy back to the fish store and get your money back. That is the best thing for it and for you to do for it.. Then you can ask questions on how to go about getting your live rock and sump. That poor little fishy is going to die or sure if you do not take it back to the store.!!!
+1,000

S

smartorl

Not to be mean but that mandarin is EXTREMELY thin. What are you feeding it? He looks pale and thin and to me, like he is dying. Mandarins have specialized dietary needs and can be a difficult fish for those very experienced in the hobby.

burrito

idk what i feed him o.o i was thinking feeding him brine shrimp so ideas so far
Sump and Live Rock
Taking It Back : NEVER! so help :3

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito http:///forum/thread/381438/is-this-little-fishy-okay-picture-inside#post_3322318
idk what i feed him o.o i was thinking feeding him brine shrimp so ideas so far
Sump and Live Rock
Taking It Back : NEVER! so help :3
Mandarins live off of copepods, they need very established tanks.....I think you should give yours back to the lfs, or someone who has an established tank with a refugium, or yours is surely going to die....
also...wth do you mean by the second part of your post??????

burrito

Meowzer! long time no see :3 it me ClownfishLover1 lul
so hmmm they live off of live rock hmmmm so can i buy them by next week? if he going to live? o-o

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito http:///forum/thread/381438/is-this-little-fishy-okay-picture-inside#post_3322327
Meowzer! long time no see :3 it me ClownfishLover1 lul
so hmmm they live off of live rock hmmmm so can i buy them by next week? if he going to live? o-o
OH HIIIII....LOL...NO...I am sorry, but that mandarin will not live long in your tank :( it is already too thin, and something has to be done rather quickly
find it an established home, and let's work on getting your tank ready for that type of fish....get your sump, more rock....and in about 9 months you should be ok

S

smartorl

Um, the time to figure out the diet and the needs of the fish is prior to buying it. I understand that almost everyone in the hobby makes that impulse buy at least once, myself included, but when it happens, if you wish to keep the fish alive you need to do your research immediately and provide what it needs. A fish can decline in just a few days depending on when it last ate. Many wild caught mandarins haven't eaten since they were caught so they are already very hungry when you purchase them, this is why it is uber important to have a prepared tank ready for them.
Depending on whether it's wild caught or tank raised would determine how easily it would accept prepared foods as a guideline, although there are exceptions.
Mandarins feed on pods, it takes a large, established tank with a fuge, with alot of live rock in order to provide enough pods to support one. This takes advance planning.
"Taking It Back : NEVER!" is kind of a jerky way to look at it. It's not the fishes fault you didn't do research and now it is starving.
There is no "tomorrow", as thin as that fish is, something needs to be done now, if it's not already too late. From my experience, once a mandarin declines, they are very hard to rebound, and that is with ideal circumstances.

burrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/381438/is-this-little-fishy-okay-picture-inside#post_3322331
Um, the time to figure out the diet and the needs of the fish is prior to buying it. I understand that almost everyone in the hobby makes that impulse buy at least once, myself included, but when it happens, if you wish to keep the fish alive you need to do your research immediately and provide what it needs. A fish can decline in just a few days depending on when it last ate. Many wild caught mandarins haven't eaten since they were caught so they are already very hungry when you purchase them, this is why it is uber important to have a prepared tank ready for them.
Depending on whether it's wild caught or tank raised would determine how easily it would accept prepared foods as a guideline, although there are exceptions.
Mandarins feed on pods, it takes a large, established tank with a fuge, with alot of live rock in order to provide enough pods to support one. This takes advance planning.
"Taking It Back : NEVER!" is kind of a jerky way to look at it. It's not the fishes fault you didn't do research and now it is starving.
There is no "tomorrow", as thin as that fish is, something needs to be done now, if it's not already too late. From my experience, once a mandarin declines, they are very hard to rebound, and that is with ideal circumstances.
The Link Of Jerkness Ish Awnsome...... On Topic LOL.... so i see that :( so that no turning back now thati see thx for the hellp can you guys help me research? :3

S

smartorl

Maybe some other kind soul will take pity and do your research for you. There are hundreds on mandarin threads on this forum.
Actually, just a few days ago you were given advice and information about copepods and yet you are here again asking the same questions and STILL have not fed the poor fish.
Honestly, I hope you pull it together for this fish and don't purchase any more that you don't have the inclination to care for them correctly.

burrito

you just flaming now -.- which who made you the nerd of all the things.... IF YOU GOOD THEN GO OUT ON THE STREET AND RESEACH I KEEP HERE FOR RESEARCH WITH FRIEND AND WHO ARE YOU JUST GO ON THE STREET AND RESEARCH THERE!....

burrito

yes :3 lol i knowest nao that when i came home i saw copepods on mah glass crawing o_O , is that copepods? or some dirty piece of ant? :3

meowzer

I have no clue what you are saying, can you please slow down with your typing and spell so I can read it.....not trying to be mean....I honestly don't know what you said