Is this Mushroom puking?---->pics

handbanana

I dont Know how else to explain it. It looks like theyre throwing up white worms. Why do they do this? It cant be good...

scsinet

I'm not sure what this is, but I've seen mine do it before and I don't recall any ill effects.

handbanana

Thanks for the response SCSI.
I have had two do this for a short period of time, then they go right back to normal. Its very weird. They really look like they are throwing up their guts, then swallowing them back up. I think I will look around and see if there is a explanation.
Thanks again.

It was actually pretty quick. Iv'e had regular mushrooms shrivel and melt away like my Xenia but my fuzzy's had that white worm like stuff coming outta the mouth and they just gradually turned inside out and it was all that worm like stuff which i'm assuming is the insides or something. By the time everything was done all i had left was a bare rock.

meowzer

I have had that happen and the shroom live....and the shroom die...LOL
A lot of times if that happens when you first get it, or if you have a water issue....it is stress and depending on how stressed it is, and how much of the "stringy" stuff comes out...will dictate whether it lives or not.
Sometimes the shroom is just releasing "waste" BUT if that is the case it should only be a little bit, and not last too long

Y

yoshii

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3279912
I have had that happen and the shroom live....and the shroom die...LOL
A lot of times if that happens when you first get it, or if you have a water issue....it is stress and depending on how stressed it is, and how much of the "stringy" stuff comes out...will dictate whether it lives or not.
Sometimes the shroom is just releasing "waste" BUT if that is the case it should only be a little bit, and not last too long
Hmmm I think it's stress on mine, since I kinda accidentally dropped it and half smashed it into a rock once or twice...

bang guy

Excreting mesenterial filiments is a defense mechanism. It means the mushroom thinks it is being threatened. This material is the digestive system and packs quite a punch if it comes in contact with another coral.

Y

yoshii

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/3279975
Excreting mesenterial filiments is a defense mechanism. It means the mushroom thinks it is being threatened. This material is the digestive system and packs quite a punch if it comes in contact with another coral.
Wow Bang, I think you know everything there is to ever know about this hobby

bang guy

After 30 years of researching and experimenting I'd guess I have placed myself in the category of people that know 10% of what there is to know about this hobby.

Y

yoshii

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/3280017
After 30 years of researching and experimenting I'd guess I have placed myself in the category of people that know 10% of what there is to know about this hobby.
Well I'm not even 30years old yet lol, but you really do know a ton of stuff! You always seem to come up with the right answer to peoples questions :)

handbanana

Bang. You know your stuff, thats for sure. The shrooms are going through a bit of stress I suppose since they keep falling down and getting pushed in crevaces and nooks. I try to place them in a suitable spot but the next morning te
hey are someware else.
The green is a pic after I pulled it out of a hole in my LR, The red I placed a rock shelf above itt and I think the shadow pissed it off. I was under the impression they can move if need be and had to make the shelf due to space.
Bang, I had no idea thet this could be a deffense mech. so thanks man, I got some pretty crazy hits on google: "My mushrooms are pukeing"
Thank you everyone.