Is this normal for anemones?

dem3rd

I have a LTA and I have had it for about 2months..It has moved around the tank a little to find the spot that it wants to be in and the spot it picked is kinda under a peice of live rock.It will fold itself up and go under there with just a little bit of itself sticking out.And about every 3 days it will emerge and open up.So I am assuming when it does that it is ready to eat.My ? is if they are so light sensitive why would it be doing this.should I worry? should I try to move it? My lighting is a coralife 50/50 260 watt.And yes I know that is not the best light for it but I rescued him from a tank a kid had him in with 1 30 watt floresent bulb and he was near death.It seems to be growing rather well and I have been feeding it Raw shrimp and mysis shrimp.Any help would be appreciated.
Also when he comes out all of its tenicled are nice and straight not bent or anything.

B

bellaroxio

my blue tip is doing the same thing. My lighting is (3) 400 MH and (4) 250mm Power compact.
The other one (same tank) has not moved since I placed him there.

perfectdark

Moving it would not be recomended, it chose that spot because it likes it. If you have a really active Anemone its not a good sign there is something wrong. As for it staying hidden for 3 days before emerging, I would have to ask if it was still inflated but not in the light? If so its okay, remember Anemone's unlike corals will go where they are happy there is no keeping one put if it doesnt like the spot its in. Make sure your water perameters are good, like corals Iodine alk and calc are essential to keep a healthy Anemone. If its deflated and starting to bleach out then there is def something wrong and its not with were it is residing. I would start with your water quality and the levels of your trace elements. Just being deflated and appearing healthy at a few days time I dont think is a huge issue as long as there are no other symptoms. Good Luck.