Is this OK?

aquaferg

Every time I have ever tried to place a mushroom, it ends up floating off and attaching to a piece of rock in the back of my tank where I can't see it. I am trying to get this one to attach to this small rock so I can place that where I want to. Is this a OK way to accomplish that?Kinda looks like I mad the mushroom mad....

A

augustwest

The rubberbamd may cause it to split. I usually use netting for 1-2 weeks.
Good luck!

morval

i would not use a rubberband. they tend to squish the mush into the rock. find some bridal vail netting at a fabric shop its much easier to get mushroom to attach that way.

paintballer768

Also, a cover like that with no perforation might stress out the mushroom due to no flow. Id say it be worth it to just get some bridal netting, put the mushroom+rock in a open-top tupperware container, and rubberband the netting on top. Good flow, and it attaches well.

alohami

He does have some holes in there, so I think the flow will be okay. I just want to add not to put the netting on too tightly or you will end up with mush.

silverdak

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2641701
whenever i superglue shrooms they always slime out.
when your fragging you can use super glue??? didnt realize that.. just wondering cuz I am taking some frags from a friends tank shortly...

scopus tang

Originally Posted by SilverDak
http:///forum/post/2641784
when your fragging you can use super glue??? didnt realize that.. just wondering cuz I am taking some frags from a friends tank shortly...
I've always had to attach to a small rock prior to superglueing. The glue doesn't stick to the mushroom well (they slime up), or sometimes they disolve.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Tie a small piece of netting over it, so that the rubberband is not actually choking it off. It looks to me like that band is blocking the animals' mouth? I used the netting from vegetable bags, such as what you get with onions or garlic bags, or you can buy some netting at a sewing shop.

cowfishrule

take out the rock and shroom, and place them on a paper towel.
pat dry both of them.
small dab of glue on the rock, place mushrooms (stalk side down) on said glue and let rock dry for about a 1-2 min.
place back in water.
voila ! good as new.