Is this over kill?

rlablan

seems a bit overkill to me. Also, that is going to BOIL your water. You will absolutely need a chiller.
Just for some perspective- I had a 200 gallon cube that Had 2 200watt MH lights. This tank was about 3 feet deep. You tank is about a foot deep, and MUCH less water volume.
I am not sure that it will hurt anything (I think it might kill the nem, but i dk) but it is certainly over kill, IMO.

meowzer

An anemone is NOT a coral
from this site:
Anemones are solitary polyp organisms which are supported internally by water. Anemone species are differentiated by the color, shape, placement, and length of the tentacles. These Cnidaria feed off of zooxanthellae within their bodies and need a strong light source in order to survive. They will also take in food by using their tentacles to slowly move the prey to their mouths which is a slit in the center of the body. This single opening also serves as its way of expelling waste. Anemones use tiny stinging cells in their tentalces called "nematocysts" in order to stun their prey. The nematocysts within these tentacles are also used as a defense mechanism. The nematocysts can also disturb human flesh and should be considered dangerous, especially to those that have known allergies. Anemones found in the wild usually have found a crevice to hide their foot, or base, leaving only the tentacles exposed.
Wikipedia:Sea anemones are a group of water dwelling, predatory animals of the order Actiniaria; they are named after the anemone, a terrestrial flower. As cnidarians, sea anemones are closely related to corals, jellyfish, tube-dwelling anemones, and Hydra.
Dictionary .comsea anemone
Any of numerous, often brightly colored cnidarians of the class Anthozoa, having flexible cylindrical bodies with tentacles surrounding a central mouth. Sea anemones are related to jellyfish and corals, but have no free-swimming (medusoid) stage, and resemble flowers.