is this posible

nm reef

I've seen and heard of it being done. Just is more critical to maintain levels and stabality. Slight fluctuations can be extreme in a system that small.Evaparation alone could send SG sky high quick!!!Search for nano reefs and there is a ton of info out there...and a large number of people that have great success in keeping them.

reef-addict

Unless yer willing to put big bucks into it I would advise not too. Do you already have a salt water tank or is this yer first attempt at a tank?
I agree on looking up nanoreefs. I've seen a few of these tanks before and know they are way more sensitive than yer typical 50+ gallon tanks, enough that in a day you could lose yer whole crop.

karlas

well said, reef-addict, but to answer the question it can be done, nano-reef.com(think that is the address), has them as small as 3/4 gallon, the sight is awesome for mini reefs
if i were gonna do a nano reef, it would not be my first tank, and i WOULD have as large a sump as i possibly could, to help keep and maintain stability in the water(the sump can be larger than the aquarium too, if you want)
HTH and good luck