Is this sea slug safe?

bpryor

This guy showed up apparently by hitchhiking on some addition to our tank. We have no idea when, or how he showed up, but I'd like to determine whether he's safe to keep in the tank or should he be....uhhh....given a new home? FYI, he's about an inch long.
So far, he has not caused any visible damage and he's been around at least a month that we know of.
Thanks.
Bill

bpryor

Thanks for the fast reply. He comes and goes and doesn't seem to be doing anything bad. It'd be great if we can keep him.
Thanks again.
Bill

devilboy

like the saying goes, when in doubt get it out..... but yes it does look like some type of stometalla species

bpryor

Hi DevilBoy,
Yeah, but I'm too stupid...uhhh...ignorant....to even be in doubt, so that's why I'm trusting you people. :notsure:
Thanks.

devilboy

thats fine cuz i do the same thing, but when i hear from other ppl that they are not sure what it is or if they dont know, then i get it out.

bpryor

Thanks to both of you. I think I'll take a chance on this one, since I'd really like to keep it, and it sounds like it's ok.

murph145

yup i got lots of those in my tank they hitch hike there way in one LR and stuff like that just eat algae thats all

bigarn

Definitely a stomatella varia ..... a harmless algae grazer and a good addition. It's a keeper!