is this skimmer to much?

D

deepsixer

I have the prizm pro skimmer and also a 55 gallon. this just seems like to much I have it almost all the way down and its still moving alot of water and alot or air bubbles too. I can't get the air bubbles to go away.

thangbom

i dont understand the whole ' to much' question. what is too much?? the flow it make? the bubbles? or the size of the skimmer??

ddboy

if you are getting a lot of wet bubbles out to the point you have to empty it every few minutes, I think may be you are adding those slim coat thing in your tank, skimmer can't have those in the tank and it will skim it away. that size is good for your tank. If you add slim coat to your tank, stop and the skimmer will clear up the solution and settle down.

acrylic51

No the skimmer needs constant tweaking and attention to get the thing to skim correctly....IMO not a very friendly skimmer

D

deepsixer

Originally Posted by ThaNgBom
i dont understand the whole ' to much' question. what is too much?? the flow it make? the bubbles? or the size of the skimmer??

all the bubbles even when the skimmer has hardly any flow, like it was just meant for a bigger tank

jessecnc

The prism skimmers suck. Unfortunately that's just the way it is. I have one on my 29gal. currently and it kinda works most of the time. Bubbles I have never had a problem with though. Try adding a valve in-line with the air tube. This adjustment can go a long way on these skimmers.