Is This True?

ufo8micats

I talked to a gentleman who runs a business setting up saltwater aquariums and repairing the tanks. He told me that I should not get my 46 corner tank fixed because of the cut of the glass pieces.
is it possible to repair a seam in the tank or should i just let it be?

el guapo

The seam is leaking ? If so it should be fairly simple to fix. Just cut out the old silicone and put in a new bead ?

If it is true, you will only be out about $10 and your time. Don't pay someone to fix your tank. It is REALLY easy to do. I have fixed two with 100% success and I am not a handyman by ANY means. Definitely worth the try before throwing in the towel and getting a new tank.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Pjlovesbaskets
http:///forum/post/2613219
If it is true, you will only be out about $10 and your time. Don't pay someone to fix your tank. It is REALLY easy to do. I have fixed two with 100% success and I am not a handyman by ANY means. Definitely worth the try before throwing in the towel and getting a new tank.
If what the guy told him is true then the tank will leak again, or worse, and he will be out more than $10. I have never repaired a corner tank. I would think that, being the person that was asked was in the business of repairing tanks, that he would know. He would have tried to get the business if it was an easy repair. I have successfully mended my 46 bow, but it was one tiny leak.

hammerhed7

you can always try, the corners of a bow front are fairly square, I have heard hex tanks are much more difficult to repair because of the angle of the corners, but I have not tried to repair one myself.