Is this true?

alex.m

Is this true that i cannot add anymore clown species Juct because i have one Maroon Clown in my 75 FOWLR?
Thanks. Alex.

T

thomas712

My experience is this:
You can add another type of clown.
That other type of clown will have an accident with he Maroon. Most likely the Maroon will win and you will have another dead clown on your hands.
Really nice looking fish the maroon, but very territorial, to this end he will seem quite mean. And he is.
In other words chances are the maroon will kill the other clown, been there, seen it, done that.
Thomas

michaeltx

yep the only way to have more than one (and its a gamble is to add 2 very different sizes of them. one small than the other and maybe they pair up. if not one will beat the tar out of the other one and more than likely cause death.
Mike

bdhough

Get him a BIGGER or smaller friend. They can match up that way. But must be WAY bigger or WAY smaller.

alex.m

Ok then what will be a good colorful combination with a fishes i already have:
1 Maroon clown
1 Yellow tang
1 CB Butterfly
Thanks.

michaeltx

maybe cardibals or blue/green reef chromis' they are always colorful and add a lot of fish movement to the tank
Mike

michaeltx

there are actuall a lot of different fish that can go with them but I am drawing a black right now on most of them.
but a few others are
6 line wrasse
2-3 filamented flasher wrasses
(only one type of wrasse though some can be territorial and fight off any new species of them and only a handful are reef safe)
purple or orange firefish
coral beuty or flame angels ( both can pick on corals so the are a risk)
blennys
some gobies
the list is huge the best thing is to research and see what fish that you are intested in the come back and ask is this a good candidate for the tank LOL
Mike

bdhough

Smaller wrasses, royal gramma, dwarf angels, gobies, blennies, a male anthias would be nice too....