It hatched!!!!

patrick8929

awesome congrats!!!!
and yes sharks are considered aggressive and need 200-300+ tanks to keep for extended amount of time.

draconis321

thanks for all the nice comments and no I haven't tried feeding it yet your supposed to wait a week till you even try to feed and here's a pic of it in the egg(sorry about the refection)

draconis321

He'll get about 2 & 1/2 feet but he's only about 5 inches right now. for a shark this species is very timid but it will eat any thing it can get in it's mouth

tonysi

Your next task will be getting it to eat.Once you have a healthy eater you're set.GL and congrats

draconis321

I no some people are going to give me trouble about this but right now he's in a 10 gal he'll go to a 125gal and then to a 220.

mboswell1982

he just hatched, it would prolly be better if it was a 20 or a 40, but, they do say to keep them in a smaller tank, and im just going off what i read for this, so please dont flame me guys lol, but, they say its better to keep them in a smaller tank while you are teaching them to feed

sepulatian

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2857426
he just hatched, it would prolly be better if it was a 20 or a 40, but, they do say to keep them in a smaller tank, and im just going off what i read for this, so please dont flame me guys lol, but, they say its better to keep them in a smaller tank while you are teaching them to feed
This is very true. A ten is a little too small. Watch the water readings, it needs to be kept pristine. Congratulations on the new one though!

bioneck47

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2857716
This is very true. A ten is a little too small. Watch the water readings, it needs to be kept pristine. Congratulations on the new one though!
+1... keep the water very clean and try to avoid rapid changes in salinity. Also make sure your sand is very fine. Getting him to eat may be a task, I hope you have better luck than most with newly hatched cat sharks. They do have a very high mortality rate unfortunately.