It's Armageddon I tell you!

scotts

There is actually water flowing in the Los Angeles river!

For those of you not is SoCal the LA river is normally just like the race scene in Grease, not enough water to make a cup of coffe with. Now there is water flowing and of course the news people have to tell people to stay out of it.

Personally my pool is overflowing. Of course I never did get around to fixing the drains in the backyard so I am looking at a lot of water in my backyard right now.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/3212031
There is actually water flowing in the Los Angeles river!

For those of you not is SoCal the LA river is normally just like the race scene in Grease, not enough water to make a cup of coffe with. Now there is water flowing and of course the news people have to tell people to stay out of it.

Personally my pool is overflowing. Of course I never did get around to fixing the drains in the backyard so I am looking at a lot of water in my backyard right now.
You're not going to post any pictures?

scotts

I hope you mean of my backyard and not of the LA river.

I might post pictures if I can get around to it. Sometimes I feel like white trash and this is one of them. I have a MAG 12 helping pump out my backyard. There is no way it can keep up.
I would tell you how much rain we got but my rain gauge does not work when it gets wet. Other than that it works fine.

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/3212031
For those of you not is SoCal the LA river is normally just like the race scene in Grease, not enough water to make a cup of coffe with.
For anyone not familiar with Grease, the chase scene in Gone in 60 Seconds was also filmed in the L.A. River

V

vinnyraptor

when things happen like that, our backyards flooding, our gutters freezing, etc. we should reflect because somewhere alot of folks have it alot worse. right now the Haitian people are dead or dying by the thousands and 10's of thousands. children are buried alive and some people have lost their entire families and belongings. if your reading this please help in anyway you can. the redcross accepts donations as little as 10 dollars.

9supratt4

Originally Posted by VinnyRaptor
http:///forum/post/3212091
when things happen like that, our backyards flooding, our gutters freezing, etc. we should reflect because somewhere alot of folks have it alot worse. right now the Haitian people are dead or dying by the thousands and 10's of thousands. children are buried alive and some people have lost their entire families and belongings. if your reading this please help in anyway you can. the redcross accepts donations as little as 10 dollars.
Wow...what a downer

scotts

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3212061
For anyone not familiar with Grease, the chase scene in Gone in 60 Seconds was also filmed in the L.A. River

Too funny! Must be a generation thing to not know Grease but gone in 60 seconds. BTW you know you are referring to the remake don't you? I actually saw the orginal movie in the theater.
Vinny, I prefer the Salvation Army myself.
UPdate: Cannot find the camera, it has stopped raining and the sun is out and the pool is FULL. Literally to the top. They said on the new that we will be drying out until the next front comes in in about 12 hours. Really, how much drying out can we do in 12 hours?

scotts

Thanks you two. When I was taking the pictures I was thinking, hey the sun is shining just right, the reflection looks good in the water, you know this is going to look pretty good!

Give me a couple days notice before you show up for the pool party so I can turn the heater on and make sure it is nice for y'all in our cement pond.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3212236
Thanks you two. When I was taking the pictures I was thinking, hey the sun is shining just right, the reflection looks good in the water, you know this is going to look pretty good!

Give me a couple days notice before you show up for the pool party so I can turn the heater on and make sure it is nice for y'all in our cement pond.
LOL...It will take me a couple of days to get there, and T316 one day longer than me

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/3212098
Too funny! Must be a generation thing to not know Grease but gone in 60 seconds. BTW you know you are referring to the remake don't you? I actually saw the orginal movie in the theater.
Well, I know Grease, don't think too many of the younger ones do tho...
Of course, on the original Gi60S. DVD box set with the remake. Not exactly fair to compare the two. The chase scene in the original is like 35 minutes. The remake has like 2 scenes that are like 7 minutes
. Favorite on the original, was the old lady whacking the cars with her umbrella. Of course, the Mustang in the remake is slightly
better looking

Has the water crested the lip of the pool? The moment it does, you need to get one of the kiddos to stand on it, so you can snap a "walking on water" picture....

nw2salt08

Watch out for clouding with all that rain. That tends to mess with the pH and bring it up causing algae growth. You might want to put some shock and algicide in there to combat all the rain. It is a beautiful pool setup. I used to take care of a pool that looked similar and was always jealous.

scotts

Meoe, I owe him a round of golf, so I bet he beats you here.

AK, I know you are a motorhead and will have trouble believing this, but I have not seen the remake.....yet. Now that you remind me I will netflix it. I hope it is better than the remake of the Italian Job. The original was so much better.
Great idea for the picture. This was the first wave, a second one comes in tomorrow then we are supposed to get walloped late Wed and all day Thurs. Hopefully I can take the picture then.
NW, I know about the cloudiness, I will put a boatload of chlorine in when it stops raining.
Reb, Yeah that is a waterfall that goes into the pool. It is a return line so when the heater is on it feels great to sit under it. There is normally about a foot from the rocks to the water, so you get that nice water sound.

stdreb27

Personally, I really enjoyed the remake. Minus one thing. Had they not done it, it would be on my list of all time favorites. It is just you can't do that in a car...

reefkprz

what the bridge jump scene when they totaly blow the front suspension apart bend the frame and then drive off like the car wasnt hurt?