It's Wet!

nm reef

Very kewl!!!
Best part of this hobby is establishing a new system...I'm sure its going to be a beauty!!

yosemite sam

There's nothing in it but rock and I'm already jealous! Very nice. I can't wait to see how it looks in a few months!

m.rogers

Mark looking good just don't forget about the frags i have for you they can not wait to get to their new home. You going to the meeting this sunday.
mike

attml

NMReef, SAM & Mike,
Thank you guys very much!! I really appreciate the positive comments!!!:)
Mike,
I am planning on going to the meeting on Sunday! You going to be there? There should be a lot of cool stuff and I can't wait to hear the speakers!! I think I may be picking up Jeff as well!
Mark

m.rogers

Mark i am going with a pocket of money to spend is well be real nice with all the vendors and speakers that will be there.
mike

attml

Chris,
I have a lot of SPS (and a few fish) waiting to go in! That thing can't mature fast enough! My frag tank is about to fall over!
Mike,
Me too! I can't wait!! We will be like kids at the candy store!!

beachbumtx

Originally posted by attml
Other side of the frag tank (stuff waiting to go in the new tank).

Do you ever clean your substrate on your frag tank? Can you describe how you maintain you frag tank? Thanks!

attml

Chris,
You know I appreciate that!!!! Wow! What a beauty!! If you ever get board with it let me know!!
Mark

attml

Do you ever clean your substrate on your frag tank? Can you describe how you maintain you frag tank? Thanks!
No, I never clean any of my sand in any of my tanks. My pods/critters and other infauna keeps it clean naturally. I have snails in there as well. My frag tank is basically just a 20 gal with LS and egg crate that runs off of the sump of my main system (which has my skimmer, Ca Reactor and Macro algae). I drilled the 20 and put in a Bulkhead overflow and I just use a Mag 5 to pump water out of the sump of my main system up to the 20g frag tank then it flows back down via the bulkhead to the sump. This is what it looked like when I set it up. The PVC pipe goes down to the Mag 5 in the sump & the overflow is on the back left wall. I have a 250w HQI DE MH fixture over the tank

m.rogers

Mark i never did ask but do you want me to bring the frags i have for you or would you like me to hold them till you are all set up with the new 120
mike

attml

Hey Mike,
Thank very much for setting those aside for me!!! I really appreciate it!!!! Since we will be there all day, is it OK if you leave them in your tank until after? Maybe on the way home Jeff and I could follow you home tomorrow and he could see your tank and I could pick them up then? If not no big deal either! Just let know? Thanks again very much for keeping them this long and giving them too me!!!!!
Mark

S

spsaddict

attml, very nice set up.. and i am VERY jelous... are you guna keep it aquascaped that way? i hope so it looks awsome, great sps placements there... very nice looking, and maybe youll just drop a couple while replacng the corals making some frags and ship em on out to mn

attml

cimpow137 & spsaddict,
Thank you guys very much!!! I am probably going to restack them a little to spread them a little wider than they are now. I want to try to open up the space between the rocks a little for better water movement! Since it is going to be a SPS tank there will be a ton of flow and if the rock structure is too tight you don't get as good oxygenation as you need. Thanks again!
Mark