iv bag, or drip bag

ok i recently had to go to the hospital due to my moms surgury while there i looked up and saw the iv bag hanging down, my brain clicked i was like WAIT A MIN, just imange insted of takeing a shot glass every few mins to acclimate a fish, if you can take some tank water, put it in the bag, and adjust the flow of how fast/slow it drips, so then the fish wont get shock, i been looking for a bag like that(sorta like a kalk drip) but all i seen is big bags or drips(like the kent one) i gotta have something smaller, if anyone knows of anything feel free to post or give an e-mail
nolife1232766691@aol.com

sebaehope

Hey, this is gonna sound funny but I thought the same thing when my gf was in to. On the day of her discharge, I asked the nurse if I could have her old iv bag. I then had to explain why I wanted it, and she says wait 1 minute. She leaves the room and then comes back with a small iv bag ,and the tubing. She says shhh our little secret. LOL Sounds like a funny story, but true.

jg24

Tanker, A simple solution to your question is use plain old regular air pump tubing, like what you would use for air stones. What you do is start start a siphon with the hose and then tie a knot in it to get a slow drip. Infact I just did this yesterday. I got a lwnmower blennie and drip acclimated it for two hour, it works perfect.

zaxs

I was at Fish Safari, a LFS in Virginia Beach and they did the same thing. they had the fish in a bucket on the floor and some air line tube siphoning the water from the tank that they were going to put the fish in.

q

sent you some mail
Went to check and make sure it was there.
It's under Dosers/Top Off.
It's called the Kent AquaDoser.
[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: Plato ]

jimi

Any good lfs will drip their fish while acclimating. Most just run an airline from their tank to the new fish. For my kalk drip I use a plastic gallon pitcher with an iv line in the bottom this could also be use to acclimate. I drilled the bottom of the pitcher with a hole smaller in diameter then the iv line insert(pointy end) then forced the end into the whole then sealed it with wax. The drip is controled by the wheel on the line.

C

coralbeauty

The IV bag is the perfect thing to use to slow drip water. I was using it for K water, however, the tubing is small and outlet would get clogged. This makes air hose a better choice. Also, and IV bag is only 1 liter, as a genral rule, and I would have to fill it too often. So I went high tech and purchased a used IV pump! It is excellent!
Connie
Connie