I've finally found the BEST invert!!!

goofieones

I love my inverts, and after trying different ones, I think I have found the things I love the most. Beleive it or not, it's my Green Brittle star, and my serpent star. I mean these guys are hardy, and very cool to watch!! Everytime I feed the tank they come out and eat, and when they pick up brine shimp, it travels from one end of the arm all the way to the disc, it looks like a convaor(sp) belt. And tonight was the funniest thing, a couple of pieces of formula one made it to the bottom (cut up of course), and of course the stars come out and my serpent found a piece and stuck it in his disc, the whole darn piece, and his disc kinda got outta shape, then the same one found another piece, stuck it in his disc, and this time he looked like a cone head!! LOL, I don't know how he fit those two pieces in there, but after that he ran under a rock, and probably thought to himself.....wow I ate too much. LOL I also recommend a black spiny urchin, he is very cool and very hard, and loves to just clean away.

flydan

Hey,
They are fun to watch. I don't feed mine directly any more, although I did when I first got them. I don't want them to get spoiled and stop cleaning my tank! My cleaner shrimp is now one of the most aggressive feeders in my tank and it doesn't try and clean fish anymore.
Dan'l

goofieones

Yeah, I don't purposly feed them, but the food falls to the bottom, and sometimes the fish don't crab it before that guy comes out. Sometimes the fish even try and grab the food from the star.

My blh's have found out that the star's use their arms to get the food so they swarm around the arms and hold on for dear life while the serpants sprint across the tank.

Watch those Green serpent stars!!! Eventually you will start to have fish vanish and wonder what happened. Your Green serpent star will be having expensive meals. I think only the Green ones attack fish. I love my serpent stars. I have about 6 in my reef and they are very entertaining. Every few months, I try to feed them purposely. My peppermint shrimp are the most aggressive eaters in my reef however.

goofieones

Actually the black brittles are known to be more agressive, but if well fed, you wouldn't have a problem. I had a huge black brittle, he never bothered any fish, and I have some pretty small fish.