Jackri's 90g reef

jackri

I've posted for a little while and just took some recent pics.. thought I'd share them. They've been downsized but still give a pretty good view. I have older ones and may post them as well to view the progress but we'll see... I might work on a stock list of what I have too

Starting a frag tank/stand build.. I'll take pictures and post progress of that as it gets going... got lumber yesterday

jackri

Thanks, I had to focus in one place and when he came into view ---- well that was the best snap I could get :)

jackri

This tank was set up in Dec 07, carried over from a 72 bow front. I upgraded the lighting in April 08 to an Orbiter hood with 2 - 250w 10K halides and 4 - 54w t-5 actnics.
Coraline algae covers the back glass.. on occasion I take a razor and scrape most of the sides and even the front as the magnet scraper doesn't always get everything.
I have Xenia growing on the back glass as well -- the xenia came from another person's tank -- was on a dead piece of coral and started from 3 stalks.... and in about a year is around 40 -- but I took out the original piece (had about 20 stalks on it) because that one piece was full of bubble algae and hair algae.
The only current problem in the tank is bubble algae but I'm slowly winning the war on it and slowly cutting it back but probably will never 100% eliminate it.
The aquascaping was a pain, I should find a picture of what it used to look like and I hated the lay out.. was just a pile of rock. I wanted a cave with a valley for my clams but I had 100lbs of live rock with corals in the tank BEFORE I redid the aquascaping. Lost my ricordia for awhile but it came out of hiding and is doing great... split in 2 big pieces now. So yeah, a bit of advise -- aquascape BEFORE putting in coral :)
I didn't loose anything but what a pain.

jackri

Stock List as of Jan 24th:
Fish 1 each
Yellow Tang
Six-line Wrasse
Chromis
Yellow Tailed Damsel
Clown fish (sorry don't know if it's true or false perc as I don't really care that much)
Clams 1 each
purple/blue maxima
Purple crocea
Gold/teal derasa
Shrimp
4 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Coral Banded
1 Fire shrimp
Crabs
At least 1 emerald crab... maybe 3 or 4
1 porcelin crab
Clean up crew
100 astrea snails
100 blue leg hermits
4 - nassarius snails
3-5 mini nassarius snails (careful ordering them online on what size you get)
3-4 Large Turbos
1 Serpent Starfish
1000's of tiny feather dusters, pods, some bristle worms, and a small cleaner clam??? of some sort that hangs out on the glass... 1/4" or so big? Cool little bugger that just appeared.
Coral list on next reply.

jackri

Don't know all the official names but heres a quick run down
Favia
Torch
Green Star Polyps
Green zoos
orange zoos
pink zoos
Longer tentacle orange zoos
Flower pot
Toadstool
Green stag acro
brown/purple/bluish acro?
bottle brush
butternut
Something that looks like a a butternut but brighter green lol
Xenia
Frogspawn
Pink acro
Red Finger coral
Colt Coral
Some other leather coral (given to me)
Orange plating coral
Purple plating coral
Green Ricordia
Brown zoos
Green acro?
Mushrooms
Wierd hairy coral (right of derasa clam on bottom if you can see in pics)
Pink/purple acro
Birdsnest
Pinkred/green center maze coral?
Oh.. and a carpet anemone that needs a new home.

jackri

Forgot to add I have a sun coral in my sump -- have to keep him there cuz the shrimp steal his food :)

jackri

:D thanks
The six-line is the only one that doesn't lose it's mind when I feed them... geez you'd think they go weeks on end without food.

jackri

Sorry I haven't been updating anything lately -- including the 4ft x 3ft frag tank build I'm working on and photos of all the progress -- have had sick baby/wife and no real sleep the last week and a half...
Anyways -- I have a Nikon D40 -- love the camera and actually need to read the manual but easy to use and takes great pics.
I'll try and get more pics up and of the frag tank... I want to move all my extras into the frag tank and make room where I can clean better.

jackri

Just traded my acro frag, some green/orange zoos frag and some xenia for 2 purple poc. and some other leather frag?? (honestly forgot) last night. I'll try and get some new pics up soon. The purple pocills (don't know how to finish spelling it) are pretty small but beautiful color to them :D