JBJ 28gal CF-Quad....any suggestions??

nwdyr

HI all!! ,
I am back,,,,again lol... Its been awhile since I started a new reef tank , so any new advice would be much appreciated. I did allot of research and for the money (299.00 WITH the cool new stand!) It really fit my budget well , now I will have about 450.00 to fix it up with
I looked at cadlights but the shipping on those tanks was big money. I ordered from the Doc's and only paid 8.99 to ship! cant beat those guy's. I wanted to stay small (I may be moving soon) and I wanted something that would NOT need a chiller , like the JBJ HQI. I think I can keep just about any corals hard of soft because it has 3.75 watts per gallon of light. I have had 2 other JBJ's and never had a prob.....hope I didn't just jinx myself!
I know people say the pumps are not strong enough but again I never had a prob. with JBJ in the past. I do water changes so a skimmer is not really needed. I would like some info on doing the refuge thing , BUT I will NEVER put LR rubble in the back! Did that before and had a HUGE nitrate problem. Let the positive opinions begin!!!!... I dont have pic's yet , I just ordered it last night , but got shipping confirmation this am. so I am hoping it will be here soon. I dont know if I want fish or just coral , so if anyone knows of any cool little fish I could fit in there please let me know. Thanks and I hope to hear from the new kids as well as my "old friends" that have helped me out in the past..

nissan577

put a flame angel only
for the fuge this is from nano-newb:
*JBJ nano tanks*

Provided by Nano-newb1983
First you will notice in the back of your tank you will have three chambers. In the 1st you will have a big sponge, 2nd small sponge, bag of ceramic rings, carbon and bio balls. 3rd you got your pump.
Now to start off i want you to take everything out of chambers 1 & 2. Dont touch 3.
Next i would like you to go to LFS or search online for these items.
Chemi-pure
Purigen
Chaeto
Fliter Floss
Small Light.
In Chamber one you will want to put in the Chemi-pure, Purigen and Filter Floss. The Filter Floss is optional, if you do use it i would replace every week or two, depends on how dirty it get.
Chamber two Is where you put the Cheato and light. The best way for it, is to add the Cheato in a cup. Keeps back area a bit cleaner. Now for the light i have an AZOO PALM LIGHT Cant post links, but google it and you will find it.

nwdyr

thanks for the info
If anyone has or knows anyone who has a CF-Quad , I would like to see how they do it with this model. because the filter in the back has chambers that are diff. from the the ones in the past. Just checked UPS on line..... tank will be here 2marrow!!!
Gotta LOVE the doctor's!! 8.95 shipping and it comes in 3 days!! These other sites make me laugh with their 70-100.00 shipping , what a joke

nwdyr

stupid UPS shipping site is down
but last time I checked it said its was "on time" for tomorrow delivery
Had a argument with my lawyer today
I dont think my case will EVER end
I sooooo need this tank to take my mind off stuff for awhile!..... GOD I hope it really comes tomorrow

nwdyr

Just checked UPS site , its up and my tank went out for delivery at 4:15am
They usually deliver around 3ish , my friend is holding some water from his 150 for me. Of course now I am looking for it , I cant find ANY LR for sale!
Been seeing ads all over for the last month , now that I am ready for it everyone is sold out! Of course the LFS had some for 7-9.00per lb...yikes! I have paid that in the past , and its really nice rock , but after paying 3.00per lb , i just cant buy from the LFS anymore. If anyone here is from the Chicago are and has LR for sale PLEASE let me know. I fig. if I use my friends water , LS , and I get some good cured LR I really wont have a "cycle". Have done it before and was able to add coral right away. I will try to get some pic's of the tank up tonight...even if its empty

nwdyr

its IN THE HOUSEEEEEEE!!!!! lol....now I have to fig. out how to do the pic thing again
My G/F was doing it before....she is gone now
.................. but..... I STILL HAVE MY TANKS
ok....be patient , hope to have pic's up in minutes...give or take..

nwdyr

I did it!!! I knew I didnt need her!
just one more Max / he is 180lbs , be 2yrs old next month. Another year of growing!! about 220lbs adult

nwdyr

ok dont know what happened , but that is Max , he will be 2yrs old next month. 180lbs , will be about 220 when fully grown... fish tank pics....oooo yea ... here they are....