Jebao DCT 6000

chrisely24

I just ordered one yesterday.
The pump I have now takes for ever to start up after I unplug it or power goes out. I was afraid one day it might not come on at all.

The pump got pretty good reviews and has a nice 10 speed controller with feed setting.
Ill post more when I get it set up this weekend.

pegasus

I have 6 of their wavemakers and a DP-4 dosing pump. Had a problem with pump #4 siphoning back, but the seller sent me a new pump and head that fixed it right up. Since I didn't have to send the bad one back, I have a spare motor, too! The only other problem I've had is one of the controllers quit working during a thunderstorm when the power went off and came back on about 5-6 times very quickly. Warranty didn't cover it, but controllers are available separately, so it was an easy fix. Jebao is really making a name for itself in the marine world, that's for sure. Looking forward to hearing how the DCT 6K works out...

pegasus

Nice! Just noticed the flow control is identical to the flow controls on the wave makers. That's about as easy as it gets... lol! Yep... can't wait for a review.

chrisely24

Well, the pump is installed and has been running for a couple of hours.

The Good:

Hookup was straight forward, several different hose adapters, no suction cups on the bottom, only rubber feet (They are slid into notches so I guess suction cups could be added).

No noise from the pump that i can hear.

Pump ramps up to speed slowly after 10 minute feed timer runs out as advertised.

The Bad:

I figured I would need the DCT-6000 for my 90g plus 10 to 15g sump. I can only run the pump on level 4, Any higher than that and it pull a little more water from the return pump area than I would like.
I will adjust my ATO float lower later to the lowest level while still have pump fully submersed.

I might have been able to go with the DCT-4000 and still had plenty of power.
I misjudged the amount of water my overflow would pull out.

So far I like it, my last pump took forever to turn back on so, I never shut it off for feeding.

Wisehart

It's probably better you over shot it. That way the motor isn't trying so hard all of the time and will probably last longer. Just my opinion. I have been reading reviews on these as well as I am getting ready to set up my sump. Thanks for the review.

chrisely24

Been about 2 months now with this pump and have had no problems at all with it.
Very quiet and i haven't noticed any heat transfer.

Around the 6 month mark i will tear it down for cleaning and see how dirty it is or isn't.

pegasus

Been about 2 months now with this pump and have had no problems at all with it.
Very quiet and i haven't noticed any heat transfer.

Around the 6 month mark i will tear it down for cleaning and see how dirty it is or isn't.
Good to hear. Since I dialed in my dosing pump, it's been spot-on, and my power heads still work great, too! Jebao for the win... lol!!!

Wisehart

Only thing I really do not like about this pump is when the power kicks out, it comes back on at full speed. I really wish it would go back to the previous speed.

Wisehart

Yes it does ramp up slowly. It isn't a big deal because I designed the sump to house it separately and it can only pull so much. It would just be nice if it went back to the original set speed. It just ends up putting a lot of air bubbles in the display tank.